𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. riding high

"I wanna share babies.

The protection we won't 

need."

RED SQUIRMED AROUND in her spot, attempting to get comfortable now inside the truck that was driving along the road now that they were off the boat.

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times and it makes no sense," Kie reported, referring to the letter Pope had received hours prior. "I mean the Limbrey's own like half of Charleston. What do the Kook Kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare Island?

"Why you specifically? That's the other weird thing." JJ added. "Y'know?"

"'Please come alone' That's hella sus." Bennie voiced, glaring at the letter she had taken from Kie.

"I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because-" Before Pope could finish his thought, steam could be heard hissing from the outside of the car, clouding Pope's view. "Oh come on!"

"What's that?" Asked Red, perking up and trying to find a clear spot on the windshield. "That's a lot of smoke, even for your dad's truck."

JJ coughed, "Pope, I got sensitive lungs, man!"

Pope quickly pulled to the side of the road, the other teens in the car telling him to slow down by the time he parked.

Pope laughed in disbelief, understandably frustrated as the car wouldn't move. "No, no, no, no, no!"

"Oh my," JJ commented, being ignored by a now stressed-out Pope, now exiting the car.

"It's gonna blow up! It's gonna blow up!" Kie stressed, following JJ out of the car.

JJ scoffed, "No, It's not gonna blow up. You probably unhooked the radiator, Pope." Pope rushed to the front of the car, everyone else exiting. "I haven't seen this before, you knocked the entire hubcap off!" JJ clapped, picking up the cap from the side of the road.