Prologue

Cassie's POV:

Cassie's POV:

(Jackson's Halloween party around 3 years ago)

Kids love halloween, teenagers love halloween. Who doesn't love halloween?

It could be because of the candy, the jaco-lanterns, the parties, the dress up or even the chilly breeze on a night time and all the memories that come with it. The nostalgia of all the times you would beg to go trick or treating as a child, when times were simpler. Black and white instead of indistinguishable shades of grey.

Ever since I was little I've wanted to be a princess, to live in a fairytale where dreams come true and fairytales exist. I wanted to meet my prince charming and fall in love. I wanted to live happily ever after, just like in the books.

The closest I can get to that world is by reading and so that's how I normally spend my days, with a book in my hand, pretending to be someone I'm not.

But today we're going to a fancy dress party, that my friend Jackson is hosting, and for one night only I get to be a princess.

My friends and I decided on matching costumes this year, each of us going as a different disney princess.

I step into my large blue ballgown and pull it up my body. I clutch the fabric to my chest as I exit the bathroom. Tara, who is getting dressed up as Tiana, helps me to zip up the back as it's an almost impossible task to do alone.

We all decided to get ready together at Tara's house so we could help each other out and try out different makeup looks to match our costumes.

I pull up my pearl covered gloves and fasten my pearl necklace around the back of my neck. My shoes are hard to fasten as they have silver butterflies on and wrap up my legs but with some help I manage. Each time you touch the shoes silver sparkles come off all over your hands so by the end of it my gloved hands are covered in glitter. Quinn, who is dressed as snow white, helps me fasten them. I place my light blue headband on my head, infront of my neat bun that has two untucked pieces framing my face.

 I place my light blue headband on my head, infront of my neat bun that has two untucked pieces framing my face

(A/n the other costumes are in my other book "Create A Divine Move" Chap 18)

Marley, who is dressed as rapunzel, does my makeup while Tara does Quinn's.