04 || A deal with the devil

A/n I recommend not reading the second half of this on a night time, you've been warned.

I wake up from an uninterrupted, peaceful nights sleep.

It's weird waking up in someone else's house, at first I didn't have a clue where I was. It took me a minute to properly think.

I sit up and pull off the covers. I'm about to walk into the closet, to go to the bathroom when I see a note next to the bedroom door, someone must've slid it underneath.

I walk over to the note and read over it. It states my breakfast is outside the door. I cautiously open the door, looking both ways in confusion and there, on a tray on the floor, is breakfast. I grab the tray and shut the door behind me.

I get ready for the day and eat a few pieces of fruit from the plate for breakfast.

I hear a faint knock on the door and shout for them to come in.

"Miss Harper." The elderly woman says as she walks in. This woman clearly knows who I am but I haven't the faintest clue as to who she is.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Mrs. Cole." She says. "Mr. Sousa wants to see you in his office."

"His office? Have I done something wrong?"

"I'm not sure, he said he needs you there imitately and that I'm to escort you. Follow me." This is strange. To be honest that's my life at the minute, strange.

I hesitantly follow her. Not letting my nervousness show, I walk tall as she leads me to a door, not too far in the distance. She knocks lightly and when a voice shouts "Come in." She opens the door and steps inside.

"Mr. Sousa, Miss. Harper is here." She says as I step inside the office. I cross my arms over my chest and try to regulate my breathing. I let my curiosity show on my face rather than the look of nervousness that stems from said curiosity.

He nods once in response to her, not looking up from the papers on his desk. Mrs. Cole leaves the room, shutting the door behind her, trapping me in here with the devil.

Being in here alone with him makes me extremely nervous especially with his calm persona and how he doesn't even so much as spare me a glance, he knows that he's in charge. He could easily kill me and go on with his day like nothing happened and that deeply disturbs me. The fact he's extremely attractive doesn't help, it's deceiving how someone so cruel can be so handsome.

"Sit." He says clearly in a voice that has me doing exactly what he says. I sit in the chair across from him, the table separating us. I stare at him, waiting for him to look up at me but he continues looking at the papers infront of him. "It's rude to stare." He says, his eyes not leaving the papers.

"It's rude to keep someone waiting." I counteract. Shit. I didn't mean to say that. I'm so used to saying whatever crap come up with to act brave that in situations like this I kinda just blurt it out as a defence.