09 || An unexpected visit

I stare at the front door as the knocking continues

I stare at the front door as the knocking continues. Nobody has answered the door so far, no one is even in sight and the person knocking is definitely not going to give up anytime soon.

Do I like answer the door? I mean...it's not my house but it's not like anyone else is around to make the decision.

Would the polite thing be to open the door or to not open the door? What if it's someone we're purposefully ignoring? What if it's a murderer? Oh damn. Wait, most people in this house are murders. I probably should be more cautious of what I do around here.

To open the door or to not open the door, that's the question.

Blaine has guards so whoever's knocking must not be dangerous or at the very least is authorised to be here.

To be honest I just want the knocking to stop.

I slowly edge closer to the door, giving just a little extra time for someone to come and stop me.

I unlock the door and as soon as it's cracked open an inch it flies open and a flash of long brunette hair quickly strides past me.

I speed walk behind this woman on a mission before realising who the set of brunette hair belongs to and stopping in my tracks.

"Mariana?" I ask. At the sound of my voice she immediately spins around.

"Cassie?" She says clearly confused. "What are you doing here?"

"It's a long story, probably best for another day. What are you doing here? You sounded like you were going to break the door down."

"Is Jackson here?" She asks about her boyfriend and Blaine's cousin.

"I haven't seen him but it is a big house." I state.

"Mariana." A new voice says.

"Blaine." Mariana says turning around to look at him. "Is Jackson here?" She asks.

"No, why would he be?" Blaine says.

"Because he told me he was coming round to see you."

"Oh, right." He says, clearly lying which begs the question where is Jackson?

♡♡♡