02 || The great escape

I slowly wake up from my oddly uninterrupted sleep

I'm laid on the softest thing to ever exist, softer than how I'd imagine a cloud. The warmth radiating off what smells like a fireplace brings me comfort, the smell of burning wood filling the air.

When did I get a fireplace?

Wait, this can't be my house.

This isn't my house.

The bakery. The men. Oh no.

I sit up so fast that my head goes dizzy. The bright light practically blinds me as my senses are suddenly turned on all at once. I frantically search my surroundings for any danger and a way out, still a bit woozy from the drugs.

When I fully turn around I see large glass doors filling the wall, leading to presumably the back garden. The distance from me to the doors is lengthy but it's the only escape plan I have and at this moment is the only way out.

 The distance from me to the doors is lengthy but it's the only escape plan I have and at this moment is the only way out

On shaky legs I stumble around the sofa. I walk towards the staircase on my right and to the exit.

"Going somewhere?" A voice sounds, causing me to look up.

"You." I say. He's the stupid guy in the black car, ths one that drugged me.

"Me." He replies.

"What do you want from me?" I ask.

"What do I want from you? Nothing. It's not me you should be afraid of."

"Francisco, is she awake?" A deep voice asks. I subtlety look around to try and find the source of the voice.

"She sure is." He says with a deadly smile.

Blaine walks into the room, his eyes casually on his phone until he stops next to Francisco, his dark eyes then go to me.

I sure as hell need to make a run for it but I need to chose the right time, I may only get 1 shot.

"You killed him." I say but it comes out more like a whisper.

"Your little boyfriend? Yeah I did." He says tauntingly.

"Jake wasn't my boyfriend."

"Jake?" He says raising his eyebrows in disbelief. "Sweetheart did he look like a Jake to you?" He says with a mocking grin.