33 || My love

We settle into the room at Jackson and Mariana's house and we both get comfortable on the bed

"I think the fire was set on purpose." I state.

"You do?" He asks.

"The place the fire was coming from was a glass wall, there were no sockets or anything over there. The curtains and living room were set on fire. The fire alarm that is annoyingly good didn't go off, surely that's not a coincidence. And the worst part is, this isn't necessarily the mole or the person that set the other fire. It could've been anyone that was mad at me, which in case you haven't noticed is a lot of people currently."

"It wasn't Francisco. His time checks out, I'd only just sent him to your house like 10 minutes prior at most plus he tried to help you and called for help. It wasn't Vincent either, I was with him the full time." He tells me.

"This is all so fucked up."

"I think you should leave for a while." Blaine says out of the blue. "Take this and you can go almost anywhere." He says handing me back the Kashmir Sapphire. "You'll be safe."

I look down at it. "I....I can't."

"Yes you can."

"I won't. I can't leave now after everything, I'm in too deep." I say. "I'll constantly be in fear, not only for myself but for all of you. The only way through is to stop them." I put the Sapphire down on the side table, declining his offer to leave.

Only when I've finished talking do I realise that Blaine is staring at me. He doesn't look away when he gets caught he just continues staring.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says, looking away.

I huff. "Just tell me."

"Why did you run away from me?" He asks. "I wouldn't have tried to kiss you if I'd had known it wasn't what you wanted."

"It wasn't anything personal." I state, moving to sit on the edge of the bed with my back facing him. "bien techniquement peut-être que c'était. Je n'ai pas couru parce que je ne t'aime pas, je l'ai fait parce que je suppose que j'ai peur." I say in French. (Well technically maybe it was. I didn't run because I don't like you, I did it because I guess I'm scared.)

"Je ressens pour toi d'une manière que je n'ai jamais ressentie pour quelqu'un d'autre auparavant. Je pense que ça se transforme en amour mais je ne sais pas comment l'arrêter. Je ne pourrais jamais te le dire cependant. Il n'y a aucun moyen que tu puisses ressentir la même chose parce que comment peux-tu m'aimer alors que je ne m'aime même pas moi-même?" I continue. (I feel for you in a way I've never felt for anyone else before. I think it's turning into love but I don't know how to stop it. I could never tell you though. There's no way you feel the same because how can you love me when I don't even love myself?)