36|| Code 37

Blaine's POV:

Blaine's POV:

"I'm the mole." Cassie says and I feel my heart drop.

"No."

"I orchestrated this whole thing." She admits.

"No." I reply. She can't be, not her.

"I knew about Marcus, he was my way in."

I go to speak but I realise for the first time in my life I'm speechless.

I shake my head and take a step back.

How could she do this?

"Was any of it real?" I whisper before anger takes a hold of me. "Did I even mean a fucking thing to you?" I say, raising my voice a considerable amount.

She takes a step towards me. "That's why I'm telling you now because I'm-"

"Stay away from me." I say taking a counter step back.

"Blaine, please." She pleads.

"I loved you in this lifetime, I won't make the same mistake in the next."

"Just hear me out."

"Why?" I ask. "I'm so pissed at you. Why the fuck would you do this?"

"I knew about Sidney. I knew that he was alive. The Kamareras made me a deal, they promised they would get him back in exchange for information."

"So he really was involved in this." I say in disbelief.

"No." She says immediately. "He had nothing to do with this."

"And the fire...was that you?" I ask.

"No. I wouldn't do that." She says.

"There's a lot of things I thought you wouldn't do." I trusted her, I let my guard down because I was in love with her and she betrayed me. "Is that why you shot me and tried to run?"

"Yes." She whispers. "After that I knew I wasn't getting away that easily. I stayed and then I fell in love with you."

"You're a liar." I state. "I can't trust a word that comes out of your mouth."

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not."

One of my men comes up behind her, silently asking for my permission.