21 || Game over

A shot rings through the air and Sidney jerks backwards and onto the floor from the force of the bullet

I scream and as I move into action a strong arm wraps around my waist and stops me from moving any further.

I struggle against their strong hold as they forcefully drag me backwards. I kick and hit and scratch, trying to get out of their grasp and back to my brother who's in current need of my help.

I'm pulled into a room, a random office and that's when the person lets go and I see his face.

I swallow down my emotions and hide the shake in my voice. "What the hell did you just do?" I ask an angry looking Blaine. No. He doesn't get to be angry, he just shot my brother and left him to bleed out.

"I think the real question here is what did you do?" He seethes. Me? I didn't do anything.

I don't have time for this. I try to side step him but he uses his body to block the door.

"Move." I tell him.

"Cassandra." He says with a hard look on his face.

He takes a step towards me, using an intimidation technique.

Normally I'd try to be brave and push my luck but I find myself taking a cautious step back.

After that, I don't know what he's capable of.

For each step he takes forward I take one back.

He almost has me cornered when my eyes land on something. To my left is a desk and I don't hesitate to pick up what's on it. I don't hesitate to point it straight at him.

The metal is cold on my fingers, it feels weird because I've never held a gun before.

Blaine let's out a breathy laugh.

"What's so funny?" I ask. I'm pointing a gun at his head and he's laughing, he's a psychopath.

"Put the gun down, Cassandra, before you hurt yourself." He says taking another step forward.

"Don't move or I'll shoot." I state.

He steps forward once again.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" He asks taking another step towards me.

I try and control the shake in my hands but it doesn't work as much as I'd like it to.

I'm about to tell him to stop when he takes a final step forward.

The barrel of the gun is pressed against his forehead and yet he still doesn't seem fazed. He's definitely a psychopath.

"You know that I wouldn't hesitate to shoot you." He says with a twisted smile. "So what's stopping you love?" The fact that your words give me butterflies.