45 || Safety

"So who's the hot chick over there?" Vincent asks me, motioning his head discreetly as he stirs his hot chocolate

He's sat with me in my bakery while I'm on my break. I'm the boss so I can take a break whenever.

"Who?" I ask turning around to look where he motioned to. My eyes land on the light pink haired girl at the till. "Cherry?" I ask Vincent.

"The girl who works for you." He says.

"Yeah, she's called Cherry." I say turning back around. He's been coming here often the past couple of weeks, I have a sinking suspicion his interest in her is the reason.

He watches as she wipes down one of the messy tables. "Is she nice?" He asks.

"100 percent." I reply. "And she's cool too, I mean have you seen her pink hair?"

"I have."

"Are you interested in her?" I ask.

He continues staring before suddenly snapping out if it. "What?" He clulessly asks.

He's so crushing on her. I ship it.

"I said are you interested in her?"

His eyes flick back over to her. "Who wouldn't be?" He says dreamily.

"I've got you." I say, sliding out of my seat. Time to be Vincent's wingwoman.

I walk up to Cherry who's currently back behind the counter. "Hey."

"Hey." She says in return. "Who was that guy you were hanging with?" She asks and I internally smirk, this is too easy.

"Who?" I fake innocence. "Vincent? He's my bestfriend."

"Do you like him?"

"He wouldn't be my bestfriend if I didn't like him." I state, knowing full well what she's hinting at. "I met him through my boyfriend." I clarify.

"Oh so you're not..." I shake my head. "Would it be weird if I-"

This is too fucking easy.

"Not at all, go for it." I say. "I'll cover for you."

"Thanks." She says with a nervous smile. She walks over to where Vincent is seated.

I can't help the smile that makes it's way onto my face.

I think she asks him if she can sit with him and he agrees. Vincent looks over to me and gives me an appreciative smile.