13 || Pool party

I clean myself up and apply a fresh layer of makeup

I clean myself up and apply a fresh layer of makeup. It's a pool party so I try and keep the makeup to a minimum. The foundation I use doubles as a sunscreen so I make sure to apply it to my face. I most certainly don't want my nose to get burned so although it took me a while, and a lot of soft dabbing through the pain, I managed to cover it.

I brush my hair, I don't even know how many times, into a high ponitail. Each time I brush it up it's fine but when I put the bobble in there's a load of lumps in my hair. I've tried every technique in the book and each one produces the same results. I'm convinced getting a perfect high ponitail is a matter of luck.

When I finally get my hair to my liking I go back to the mirror.

I turn to my side to scruitinize myself some more.

I didn't get the results I wanted but there is a slight difference, I can tell. And on the bright side, I don't feel guilty for eating all of those cupcakes earlier.

I go back into my wardrobe and put on a tunic dress over my one-piece baithing suit. The longer I can get away with covering up, the better.

When I build up the courage I make my way down the stairs that lead to the living room. The sliding glass doors I once tried to escape from are fully open showcasing the pool and back garden. Come to think of it, I've never actually been out the back, I've only ever seen the view from my window.

Even though I'm only a few minutes late to the party there are already a lot of people here.

The sun is shining on the glistening pool. Loud music plays from the speakers as people converse, in and around the pool. The majority of people hold a drink in their hand from a bar that's been set up on the grass area.

Stepping outside I cross my arms infront of me and search the crowd for a familiar face.

"Boo." I hear suddenly from behind me. I automatically swing at the person.

Vincent, anticipating what I was going to do, ducks before my arm could hit him.

He laughs as he stands back to his original height. "It's not funny, stop doing that."

"On the contrary, it's hilarious. This is payback for when you acctually hit me." He says. "By the way, I took Frinkles back to your room before I came here, figured he wouldn't like all the people...Do cats even like water?" He asks.

"I don't think so." I say as we start walking towards some beach loungers. "Well, Frinkles doesn't anyway so good call."

I lay on my front on one of the beach loungers. Vincent lays on the one beside me on his back.

He moves his black sunglasses from on top of his head to over his eyes. He's wearing an unbuttoned, red, floral top with dark blue trunks and matching blue flip flops.

"So how's the construction work going?" He questions.

"It's going good." I reply.

"See, didn't I tell you that everything works out in the end?"