Epilogue || Wildest Dreams

Blaine's POV:

Blaine's POV:

I let out a breath.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

The lengths that I'm willing to go to for her.

I knock on the door and busy myself by looking around at the houses in the quiet neighbourhood. It's acctually a presentable neighbourhood unlike the motel he was living in previously. This life is thanks to me and I'll make sure he remembers that fact if this doesn't go my way.

I look down at my watch and that's when the door is finally answered.

"Oh, um...hi." Sidney says awkwardly, clearly not expecting my presence.

"I need to talk to you." I say, moving past him and into his house unforgivingly. Cassie can't tell me off for being rude, I did pay for it after all.

He doesn't protest, he just shuts the door behind me. "What's- is Cassie ok?" He says, panic creeping into his voice.

"Your sister is fine." I state and I hear him let out a breath of relief.

He moves past me into the living room and sits on one of the couches. I hesitantly sit on the one opposite.

This isn't going to be easy.

Neither of us speak as the clock slowly ticks by.

After about minute of silence he picks up his cup of tea from the coffee table and takes a sip.

"I'm here to talk to you about Cassie." I tell him.

"What about Cassie?" He asks, taking another sip of his hot beverage.

"Just so we're clear you're not going to stop me from doing this," I pause. "but since Cassie's parents are dead and she has a better relationship with you anyway, I wanted to ask you, not for your permission but for your blessing for me to marry your sister." I state.

I hate being so vulnerable and with him of all people. Regardless of my personal issues with her brother, I know it would mean a lot to Cassie if he was approving of this.

Sidney slowly places his tea cup back onto the table. His eyes are wider than normal and I can tell that he's shocked at what I've just asked of him.

"Um." He pauses. "I don't really know what to say." He exhales, thinking for a second. "Is this something that she wants?"

"Yes."

"And she's told you this?" He asks.

"She has." I confirm and my mind flashes back to the ball on New Years Eve.

He nods. "I want her to be happy and I think we have that in common. I may not like you all that much but she seems to." He states. "I appreciate you coming here and asking me because I know that's for her sake and not yours. As much as it pains me to say this, I do believe you've changed for the better or I sure hope so for my sisters sake. If you promise to treat her well I think I can get behind this." He says.