27 || Whisper

When I wake up Blaine is still asleep beside me

The sun is shining through the fairly thin curtains. I look to the clock and it's noon. Blaine never sleeps this late.

What if he's dead?

He's laid on his stomach, his arms wrapped around his pillow that's under his head. I poke his back to make sure he's still alive.

He groans before his sleepy eyes flutter open. "What are you doing?" He asks, his voice laced with sleep.

"It's midday." I state.

"And?"

"You've never slept until 12 in your life."

"Need I remind you that you're not acctually a family friend and haven't infact known me your full life." He says before burying his head in his soft pillow.

"No but I just know for a fact you haven't." I state.

"I did once acctually." His voice is muffled by the pillow.

"Wow once." I say sarcastically. "How old were you at the time?"

"Six."

"Six." I repeat. "And what was the reason for you to indulge in such a horrific activity."

"I was sick."

"That's the most boring excuse ever."

After a moment Blaine gets up and leaves his room, telling me he'll be back in just a minute.

He comes back with a glass of water and what looks like a fruit bar in his hand. He places them both on the side table beside me on the bed without a word.

"I'm going in the shower." He says before he's off.

I take a swig of the water before staring at the fruit bar. I really should eat that. I passed out because I haven't been eating enough, which means it's serious again.

Come on Cassie, you've got this.

I pick it up.

It's a fruit bar. It's heathly and small. It's a step.

Just take one bite and we can work from there.

I unwrap the bar and take a small bite. I push the lump down my throat.

Just take one more bite.

Please, just one more.

I take another bite and once I swallow it I realise I've barely eaten any of the stupid thing and I've accomplished nothing.

This is getting me nowhere. It's useless. Tears roll down my face.

If I can't even eat one stupid, pathetic fruit bar how am I ever going to get better?

I wipe my eyes and try to take a deep breath.

I hear Blaine walk back in the room when he's finished with his shower, he comes in only wearing sweat pants. His upper-half is completely bare and his muscles are on full display as he dries his hair with a towel. I stare at his abs for a minute before realising what I'm doing and looking away.