39 || Best

The shot rings through the air and I watch the scene before me in horror

I immediately drop Blaine's gun at the realisation of what I've just done. I shot someone and this time I meant to do it.

Nathan falls forward and onto the floor and I stare at his unmoving body.

Shit.

"Cassie." Blaine shouts but I can't bring myself to look away from Nathan who's unconscious and quickly bleeding out.

Blaine quickly approaches me and takes my face in his hands.

"Is he- did I?" I shakily ask.

Blaine takes a quick look back to Nathan before looking back to me. When he sees the shock on my face he decides to go over to Nathan.

He checks his pulse and looks to see if he's breathing.

Blaine lets out an annoyed huff before starting CPR.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm keeping him alive. Killing someone, especially for the first time takes a toll on you. You've already been through enough, I'm not letting him do this to you too." He says. "Don't worry he will die but it'll be by my hand not yours."

I just watch in pure shock of everything that happened.

At some point Blaine takes out his phone, I don't know who he called, I'm too out of it.

I feel like my body isn't even mine, like I'm in a totally different world.

Nothing feels real anymore.

I feel myself gradually slip away. The world around me fades slowly into darkness.

"Cassie. Shit." I hear quick footsteps as the echo of an ambulance sounds in the distance.

♡♡♡

I wake up to the sound of bleeping.

I'm so tired just let me fucking sleep, please.

The beeping continues so I open my eyes in annoyance. I'm ready to tell someone off when I see a heart monitor. Oh. I guess there are worse ways to be woken up.

My eyes scan the room and I realise I'm in Blaine's at home hospital room and he's sat on a chair right beside me.

"Blaine?" I say and he still doesn't look at me.

"Yes?" He replies.

"Where's Vincent, is he ok?" Is the first thing I ask.

"He's fine."

"And-"

"He's alive but far from fine." He says.

"Blaine?"

"Yes?"

"Why won't you look at me?" I ask and he doesn't reply. I look down at my bruised and cut arms sadly. "Do I disgust you?"