Happy Birthday - Natasha Romanoff

In honor of Natasha's last birthday she probably had to spend alone, I wanted to write a happy birthday story in order to deal with the great mass of sadness this day brings with it. 

And I don't even have a sweater today. 

(But actually I don't want one either (From this world at least), so it's fine)

------

It w

as the 3rd of December. 

Wearing Natasha's sweater you did your best to prepare her a wonderful breakfast. Pancakes, fruit and cacao, everything was there. 

You were not the best cook, but you tried and learned specifically for this day, how to cook your mum's world famous pancakes. 

With a plate in one and the cacao in the other hand you walked into your bedroom, where Natasha was slowly waking up. 

"Morning my love", you kissed her on the forehead, something you found she loved. 

Her hands wrapped around you, holding you in place as you moved your lips down to hers. 

"Morning darling", she smiled against you lips. 

You grabbed the plate, "Made pancakes for you"

She smiled. 

----

Even Happy had shown up. And he brought her a creative birthday giftcard. His face and 'Birthday' written underneath. 

Happy Birthday. 

You laughed, drank and talked all night and Natasha was never so happy to have joined S.H.I.E.L.D. 

She wouldn't've met you otherwise and she would not now spend her time with you. She liked you, addored you and loved you truly and deeply. 

Altough she loved spending time with the team, she also valuded the time you and her had alone. 

After all of the people were gone, you lead your girlfriend out to your terrace. It wasn't cold, glass walls were all around you so you could see the stars, but be in the warmth of the house. 

"Thank you", you said. 

"I should be thankful. What can you thank me for?", she answered. 

"Everything"

You grabbed a little box out of your pocket - you had been nervous about it all day - and went down on one knee. 

"Natalia, you're the love of my life and I love and value every second we have together. I've loved you since the second you and Maria walked into my office that day. Altough I hadn't even realized I was gay yet. You were my gay awaking and I hope I can wake up everyday next to you. You helped me trough the most horrible time of my life. I was devestated, I was down, but you brought me up again. I'd be more than happy to share the rest of my life with you, everyday, forever. I love you my love. I love you so so much. So I'm now going to.. to.. Will you spend the rest of our lives with me? Will you marry me, my love?"

You were crying, she was crying and then.. then she quietly mouthed a 'yes'. 

Nodding, smiling and looking up at her, you placed the ring on her finger. Of course it fitted perfectly, just like it was made for her( which it was).

And of course your lips also fitted perfectly on hers. Like they were made for each other. 

"Happy Birthday, my darling"

"I love you so much"

Short, yes I know, but it's happy and that's all I care about. 

My whole fyp is either "I STILL REMEMBER 3RD OF DECEMBER" or "this is Natasha Romanoff's last birthday, she'll be dead next year"

GrEAt