P R O L O G U E

November 2nd 1959

St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

23:58

"Madam Black, congratulations. It's a little baby girl."

Druella Black laid back exhausted, in pain. She turned to her husband, she could see the disgust in his face, in his eyes as he stared at the child.

She had failed him again.

"I'm sorry." she said weakly, reaching for his hand. "We can try again-"

"It's too late, Druella." His tone was calm, but she knew that was only an act for the healers. "Walburga is already in labour a few rooms down, if she bares a son, this was all for nothing."

"She might not-"

"Rest." Cygnus said, "I shall deliver the news of another daughter."

Druella closed her eyes. This was their fourth daughter, they had tried so many times for an heir but were unsuccessful, she hoped that Walburga was having a girl, that way she and Cygnus would be able to try once more.

"Madam Black, would you like to hold her?"

Druella looked at the healer, she held out her arms and the baby slotted in, she looked just like Bellatrix did when she was born, her green eyes were much like Andromeda's, but her hair was more golden than Narcissa's, she just hoped she didn't have Bella's troublesome behaviour.

Her name should have been Pollux Cygnus Black but things hadn't gone her way. The door opened, Cygnus walked in stone faced he excused the healers from the room then said three words that made Druella's heart shatter.

"Sirius Orion Black."

"A son?"

"Just after midnight."

Druella looked down at her sleeping daughter, she was filled with guilt and anger, how could she have done this to him again?

"We need to give her a name."

Cygnus just nodded. "I have to go, I'm sure Bellatrix will be troublesome now, she's not going to be happy."

Druella gave a small nod. "She did want a brother,"

"And I wanted a son." he said dryly, he turned away and walked out of the room he slammed the door, making the baby stir, but she didn't awake.

"Don't worry about him." Druella whispered softly, rocking the newborn. "He's just got a bit of a bad temper, I hope you don't inherit it, mi amor,"

"She's beautiful, Madam Black," A young healer said, wrapping a blanket around the new mother.

Druella hummed. "She is, isn't she."

"Have you got a name for her?"

Druella stroked the cheek of her daughter, smiling softly. She knew the traditions of the Black family, naming their children after celestials. But she didn't want to name after any old star in the dark, she wanted her baby girl to be named after the Sun, her little ray of Sunshine.

"Solana. Solana Lune Black."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl."

☀︎

Cygnus would always resent Druella for not providing an heir, while Walburga and Orion were able to produce two. He blamed it on her side of the family, she had several sisters.

It took him months to finally hold his youngest daughter, when he finally did she only cried, he grew tired of trying to stop her so he gave her back to her mother.

As Solana grew older she tried her hardest to get her father's approval, it wasn't easy. Her oldest sister Bellatrix always knew how to please him, always saying the right thing, Andromeda need not try, she was already his favourite, and Narcissa could always cheer him up when playing their piano.

But for Solana it was hard, no matter how much she was never good enough to please him. She always made sure she did the right thing, she never spoke to her Uncle Alphard because she was told he would corrupt her, she would always be polite with the Dolohov family, and when she arrived at Hogwarts she made sure she was in Slytherin.

Her cousin hadn't been so lucky, Sirius had been sorted into Gryffindor just after her, and from then she never spoke to him.

All was well with the Black family, until 1973.

The night Andromeda left for good.

Solana was never allowed to speak of that night, none of the girls were allowed to, their parents had forbidden it. She missed her older sister dearly, but she could never accept her being a blood traitor and dampening the family name.

In 1974 when she was almost fifteen it was announced she was to be engaged to Antonin Dolohov, he was the same year as her, they'd spent time together during their potions lessons and got on very well, she was excited and not as anxious as she thought she would have been. Antonin had always been nice to her at school, and due to the engagement they had been spending much more time together.

Narcissa had gotten engaged the previous year as well to Lucius Malfoy, the girls spent hours together planning their future weddings. Although they would have to wait until they had graduated from Hogwarts before either could get married.

Which Solana hated, she just wished she could leave now, she hated Hogwarts and still had another year left, which had been dragging since she had stepped foot back in the school.

After knowing she was engaged she tended to not care much for her education, she knew that with riches of the Black family fortune and the Dolohov family she didn't have to work or provide so she let her grades fall, until one day Professor McGonagall kept her behind after one of her lessons.

"I see your grades aren't what they used to be, Miss Black."

Solana mentally rolled her eyes, she'd already had this conversation with Professor Slughorn, and didn't care for another with a different teacher.

"You used to achieve O's... and now you're barely passing with T's. Would you mind explaining?" She held up her previous N.E.W.Ts exam results.

Solana shrugged.

Professor McGonagall frowned slightly. "I remember you in third year, you were the only one who could turn their pillow into a chair, which takes excellent skill and now you can't so much pass any classes. And you don't know?"

"No, Professor."

"Hmm." the Professor tapped her fingers on her desk. "I assume you think you won't need these grades in the future, do you Miss Black?"

Solana looked up at her, tilting her head slightly.

"I want you to attend mandatory tutoring with another student."

"Oh, no thank you, Professor McGonagall-"

"This isn't up for negotiation." she said, cutting off the student. "This is your final year at Hogwarts and I will not have you wasting it."

"I don't need tutoring."

"You will attend them Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and if not you will receive detention and fifty points for each session will be taken away from Slytherin house," McGonagall took her glasses off. "Once your grades are at a substantial level then you shall stop."

Solana slumped in her chair as the Professor opened her drawer. "Biscuit?"

And that was how Solana had gotten stuck attending tutoring sessions led by Remus Lupin.

___________________________

Heeey!!!!
How y'all doing? Hope your good, how's the kids? Great amazing xxx

🌕