T H I R T E E N: The Dark Mark

"Welcome, my friends

"Welcome, my friends." His voice was raspy as he paced the room, Solana had never thought about what The Dark Lord actually looked like, when Bellatrix had first met him she went straight home to tell her sisters about him.

The very same night Andromeda had to sleep in Solana's room because she was too scared to be by herself.

But now he was right in front of her, his pale white skin, his nose just like a snakes, his eyes as red as blood, she felt just as she did years ago.

Scared.

"What's happening," Solana whispered to Antonin, but he raised his hand to stop her from speaking.

"As you know we have been waiting a long time for this," he continued, his long dark cloak drafted in the wind. Solana held her breath as he brushed past him. "I assume dinner was nice, before we proceed onto dessert, I would like to remind you that five of you will be receiving your dark mark tonight, and it is the greatest honour to behold,".

Solana glanced over at Antonin, his eyes remained on Voldemort, she regretted ever returning to back the room.

"What is happening?" she whispered once more, but she got a piercing glare as a response this time.

"Be quiet," he growled under his breath.

"I will call your name, I want you to come to the front." the raspy voice said.

Beside her Antonin straightened himself up.

"Amycus Carrow,"

The table applauded as he made his way up to the front.

"Alecto Carrow,"

She stood up, a wild grin on her face as she walked beside her brother.

"Rabastan Lestrange,"

A pit grew in Solana's stomach, as she kept her eyes on Antonin.

"Darius Greengrass,"

She swallowed hard as she waited for the next name.

"Antonin Dolohov,"

She quickly placed her hand on his arm, a look of worry spread across her face.

"I said don't embarrass me," he said, through gritted teeth, pulling his arm away with force.

She sunk back into her chair as the ceremony began.

☀︎

"Congratulations, Antonin," Bellatrix said, gleaming brightly at his forearm, Solana stood beside her fiancé, her heart still pounding, she really wanted another drink but did not want to risk bumping into Bellamy again.

"Thank you, Bellatrix," he said smugly.

"Dolohov," Lucius Malfoy said, his voice in his usual drawl, Narcissa walked beside him, smiling softly at her younger sister. "I want to formally congratulate you,"