F O R T Y: Runaway Bride

3rd June 1978  Three days before the wedding

3rd June 1978
  Three days before the wedding

Remus wasn't irritated easily, but every once in a while he would slip up, a few years ago he had berated Peter for dog earring his favourite book, got mad at James for chewing loudly and shouted at Sirius for playing gobstones next to him and making the horrible liquid land on his robes all in one day, granted it had been the day after the full moon so they had blamed it on that, but today none of them could blame the full moon.

Remus sat quietly on the sofa by the fire, he was still holding the note he had received from Professor McGonagall, growing more and more irritated as Marlene was planning her birthday party.

She hadn't noticed his glare as she spoke.

"It's going to be perfect, gonna book the three broomsticks, party all night," she grinned as she envisioned it. "And Remus, I will need you to be a little happier because your mood is really getting me down-"

"Marls-" James started, shaking his head.

"Fuck you, Marlene," he said standing up, "Solana is out there all by her fucking self and all you can think about is your stupid birthday party,"

Marlene looked at him, "Remus it's been over a week-"

"And she could be dead for all we know!" he raised his voice.

"Moons-" James began, "Calm down-"

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down James!" Remus shouted. "All of you have given up, and it's fucking pissing me off-"

James shook his head. "There's nothing we can do, Remus-"

"There has to be something, this can't be how it is," Remus shook his head, he was disturbed by the common room door banging open.

"Remus!"

"What Sirius?!" Remus turned around, he saw a small paper crane in his hand.

"It's from Narcissa, we have to meet her at Diagon Alley,"

For the first time in over a week Remus felt a light inside of him, he felt hope that he could find her.

Remus and Sirius walked down the sunny street of Hogsmeade, Remus couldn't help but get annoyed at everyone else living their life as normal. Sirius stopped making him stop as well, he looked up at the sign made up of different types of pink.

Madam Puddifoot's tea shop.

"It's here," Sirius said, "It's probably the least death eatery place she could meet us,"

Remus nodded, as Sirius pushed open the door, he couldn't really remember what Narcissa looked like, it had been a while since she had attended Hogwarts.