S E V E N T E E N: Birthday

9th March 1978

9th March 1978

Remus noticed straight away that Solana's ring was back on her finger. He didn't say anything and she hadn't spoken about Antonin to him as much as we would  like to pry he wouldn't force it.

She seemed quieter during their sessions, she wouldn't say little passing comments like she normally would and he hadn't seen her smile in weeks.

It was nearing the end of their session, and she had only said hello, before she sat down and opened her book.

He cleared his throat and Solana looked up at him.

"I was... um," he began, now it seemed like he couldn't speak. "It's... it's my birthday tomorrow and the boys are throwing a party in the Gryffindor Common room, and I just wanted to invite you... if you wanted to come, obviously you're not being forced but–"

"Remus," Solana began, finally a smile etched across her face. "I would love to come to your party,"

"You would?" Remus asked, he tried his best to hide his excitement.

"Of course, we're friends aren't we?" she said, checking the time then piling her books. "What's your middle name?"

"My middle name?"
Solana nodded.

He looked unsure. "John?"

"Are you asking me?" she furrowed her brows.

"My middle name is John," he nodded.

"John?"

"Yes."

"Remus John Lupin?"

"I'm named John after my Grandad," he said, shifting his arms around.

"Okay," Solana nodded, putting her books in her bag and putting it around her shoulder, luckily Remus didn't see her wince as the strap dug into a bruise she had received a few days prior, Antonin had stayed true to his word about him doing anything to her.

"Why do you need my middle name?"

"That would spoil your birthday present. See you tomorrow." she smiled, walking out of the library.

He had missed her smile.

10th March 1978 
16:34

"Okay, why are the balloons maroon? I especially asked for SCARLET! SCAR-LET! Does this look like Scarlet to you, McKinnon?" James Potter walked around with a clipboard and a quill behind his ear as he examined the balloon.

"Remus, do you care what colour the balloons are?" Marlene called over the Common room.

"No,"

"See, Remus doesn't even care–"