F I V E: A Christmas Ball

24th December 1977,   Black Manor

24th December 1977,
Black Manor

Solana took her mock exams but they wouldn't be marked until after the Christmas Holidays.

It being her last Christmas Holiday at Hogwarts, she really wanted to stay at the castle but instead she had been summoned home for the annual Noble House of Black Christmas Ball. Luckily she would have Regulus to keep her company as Antonin was to be attending the fancy men's dinner.

On Christmas Eve Solana and Antonin visited Diagon Alley to get some last minute presents.

"Can we go to the sweet shop before we leave," Solana asked. "I need to grab some extra Cockroach clusters."

Antonin nodded, as he looked into the shop window. "I'm going to go to Knockturn Alley, I'll meet you at the Leaky Cauldron in half an hour."

Solana nodded, watching as he walked down towards the alley.

She decided to stop off at Florian's for a hot chocolate to keep herself warm in the cold weather. She also got the Cockroach clusters, grabbing an extra packet for her tutoring sessions with Remus. She carried on walking down Diagon Alley, peering into the shops, as she neared Quidditch supplies she noticed a small child with faded pink hair, sitting on the steps crying, no one else seemed to have noticed her busy with their shopping, so Solana walked over to her.

"Hello, are you okay?"

The young girl sniffed. "I lost my mum, and I don't know where she is,"

"I can help you look for her?" Solana said, holding out her hand. "Where did you last see her?"

The girl took her hand, wiping her tears. "Um, I think I saw her near Ollivanders,"

"Okay, come on then." Solana said, "I'm Solana, what's your name?"

"Dora,"

"Nice to meet you Dora," she smiled softly, heading down towards the wand shop, as they got nearer Dora stood on her tiptoes to try and see if her mother was in the shop.

"She's not there," Dora sulked.

"It's okay, she can't have gone too far," Solana said, "Where else would she have gone?"

Dora shrugged, "She said if I ever get lost I should go to the Leaky Cauldron."

"Okay, let's go there then," Solana said, heading up to the busy pub.

Once again Dora stood on her tiptoes to try and find her mother. "I found her! Mum! Mum!"

Solana froze as Dora let go of her arm running towards her mother.

"Oh Dora! I told you not to run away from me,"

Her sister hadn't changed one single bit since the last time Solana saw her, she had the same chestnut brown hair, the same green eyes full of kindness.