T H I R T Y - S E V E N: Trapped In The Shack

22nd May 1978

22nd May 1978

Solana's body ached terribly when she awoke on the hard wooden floor, her eyes stung from being open but it was dark. Her hot breath blew back in her face, realising she was underneath a blanket she moved it off her.

She heard a loud groan from the other side of the room as she lifted herself up, her eyes went wide as she realised where she was.

Remus stood hunched over, his back facing her gave out a giant crack.

"Remus?"

He spun around, his eyes also wide. "You need to leave! GET OUT!"

A claw formed, his sharp nails scraped against the wall, Remus was no longer in front of her instead it was the wolf. Her heart beating fast she ran towards the door pulling it but it wouldn't open, she screamed as his claw narrowly missed her.

She ran from the door, keeping her back to the wall watching the wolf's every move, it growled at her, bearing its yellowed teeth.

"Remus?" she whispered, her hands held up in front of her. "Remus, it's me– it's Lana. You know me."

She looked around for an exit but all the windows in the shack were boarded up, there was no way in and no way out.

She swallowed hard looking at him, his eyes were the same warm brown colour, his fur was greying.

"Remus... it's me–" she said once more, but it didn't make a difference, it wasn't Remus behind those eyes. Behind him she saw a wardrobe, she could hide in there, but that would mean she would have to get past him.

She stepped on a piece of broken wood, looking down quickly she picked it up, throwing it by the door hoping that he would turn his attention to it but his eyes stayed on her like she was a piece of meat.

She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. She was going to have to run for it.

She opened them again, her eyes locked with the wolf's as he snarled at her.

Her heart hadn't stopped pounding and the longer she stood there the more he would want her, she darted towards the wardrobe, his claw barely missed her shoulder, catching onto her cloak, she managed not to scream that would only make him more angry, she managed to run into the wardrobe, slamming the door behind her.

She kept a strong grip as he tried to maul his way to her. She didn't let go, wincing every time he almost got in but she was able to keep it shut.

She didn't know how long it had been when he got tired, when he stopped, but she didn't dare let go of the door no matter how tired her arms were, she didn't want to risk making any noise that would disturb him. Solana refused to close her eyes for a single second, she didn't want to be caught off guard.

The hours droned on and finally she saw the small amount of sunlight through the gap of the door.

Remus stirred but Solana refused to move.