T W E N T Y - S E V E N: Andromeda

6th April 1969

6th April 1969

"Solana Lune! You can't keep running away during each ball," Andromeda rolled her eyes at her younger sister.

"Andy, I look like a cake," Solana huffed, she had one leg out of her window.

"How are you planning to get downstairs? We're on the fifth floor." her older sister crossed her arms.

Solana looked down at the then back up at her sister giving her a grinned smile. "Could you go downstairs and catch me?"

"Get down now,"

"Ugh! Andy, I don't want to dance with Rabastan any more!'' Solana groaned, pulling her leg from the other side of the window. "He keeps stepping on my toes!"

Andromeda shrugged. "You have ten of them–"

"Yet he steps on all of them!"

"You are such a drama queen, you've been spending too much time with Bellatrix–"

"Yeah, well maybe if you weren't at school all the time,"

"Talk to me in two years when you go there as well," Andromeda shook her head, then tilted it. "If you come back out to the ballroom you can dance with just me? I'll tell Rabastan to go away?"

"I don't want to go back out there,"

"Please, it's my birthday,"

"You have other birthdays," Solana shrugged, pulling at her dress.

"Wow! I'll remember that when it's your birthday," she then frowned. "Come on, please? I don't want to dance with anyone else, only you."

Solana rolled her eyes. "Fine, but Andy if you step on my toes– when I learn the spell, I will turn you into a frog."

Andromeda grinned. "And a fine frog I will make," she held her arm for Solana to link. "This is why you're my favourite sister."

"Mama said we're not supposed to have favourites," Solana said, looking up at Andromeda, lowering her voice into a whisper. "But don't tell Bella and Cissy that you're my favourite sister too,"

6th April 1978

Solana pushed down the handle but the door was locked. She looked around for a key, but there wasn't one she remembered how Remus had picked through Professor Sprout's locked door with a safety pin, she pulled a pin from her hair, frozen at the door in realisation that she didn't know how to pick a lock.

"Solana?"

Andromeda's voice was gentle, Solana turned around slowly. She expected her sister to be angry, have a permanent frown on her face. But as Solana faced her that couldn't be further from the truth. Andromeda looked down at her hands, staring at the hair clip.