T W O: The Loneliest Birthday

1st November 1977

1st November 1977

Three weeks had passed since their first lesson, and each lesson grew more boring after the other. She'd even debated getting bit by one of the blast-ended skrewts just to avoid them but Antonin had told her it was only an hour and it would fly by.

Fifty two minutes later she was eyeing the clock, itching to leave the library.

"You've been reading that page for the past ten minutes." Remus spoke up.

Solana pulled her eyes away from the clock, sighing so loudly Madam Pince had to shush her, Remus rolled his eyes.

"How long do we have to keep this up, Lupin?" she asked boredly, she closed the book and slid it towards him.

"Until you get your grades up." he pushed the book back at her.

"Our next exams aren't until December."

"December then." he smiled.

She let out another sigh, looking back up at the clock.

"Moony! Oh, shit-" Sirius walked towards them, he gave an awkward nod towards his cousin. "Solana,"

She avoided his eyes, "Sirius."

When they were younger Solana and Sirius were the best of friends, they did almost everything with one another, but on their first day of Hogwarts after Sirius had been sorted into Gryffindor Solana refused to speak to him.

She didn't want to... but she knew her parents would not be happy with his sorting so she opted to do something before they told her too.

In the past seven years they had maybe said less than ten words to one another, and one of those was just now.

"Uhh–" Remus noticed the hostility between the two. "We can end this session early, just don't tell–" he didn't even have to finish his sentence before Solana shoved all the books into her bag and left without another word.

"How was your tutoring?" Antonin teased as she flopped down on the sofa, resting her head on his lap.

Solana sighed as he stroked her head. "Terrible. And exams are ages away."

He leaned down kissing her forehead. "I think I know what will make you feel better," he whispered.

"I'm tired Toni," she muttered, closing her eyes.

"Come on, I've had a long day– a long week even," he said, stroking her head, "I need something to make it better."

"Another time," she said.

"Come upstairs with me," he whispered.

She could never resist him, "Okay,"

"I love you, Lana," he kissed her temple, as he picked her up, carrying her up the stairs.