F O U R T E E N: A Date

20th February 1978

20th February 1978

Antonin sent flowers to Solana's dorm every morning that week, it started with peonies, then daisies, then iris', then tulips, then dahlia's, it seemed he had forgotten her favourite flowers were sunflowers.

With each bunch he wrote a small note professing his love for her, but they didn't seem genuine... or from him at all. So she folded them up and shoved them into her bedside drawer.

She sighed as she grabbed her jumper from the wardrobe, it was still chilly outside, even in the castle halls so that was an essential, she then picked up her bag filled with books and headed towards the library.

She saw Remus' head stuck in another book.

"What are you reading?" she asked, setting her bag down and taking a seat.

"A book," he told her bluntly, not looking up.

"I gathered that," she muttered.

"I didn't think you would turn up," he said, turning the page. "You've missed three sessions."

Solana nodded, "Professor McGonagall wasn't lying about the points and detention. I don't really fancy polishing the trophies again."

Remus turned his lip up in slight amusement.

"I'm sorry for storming off on our last session," she said, finally.

He cocked his eyebrow up in surprise.

"I was already feeling kind of shitty and when you said that... it kind of... tipped me over the edge," she kept her eyes on the table.

Remus cleared his throat as he nodded. "I'm sorry as well. I wasn't actually thinking when I said it... I felt really bad after you left."

Solana pulled a small smile and held out her hand. "Truce... part two?" she offered.

"What happens after three strikes?" Remus questioned, shaking her hand.

"We will never speak to one another ever again?" she suggested.

"Fair deal," he nodded.

Solana smiled, "So what are you reading?"

"A book," he replied smugly.

"I smell strike three coming up," she glimmered.

"Fine, fine, it's called Fahrenheit 451."

"What is it about?" she asked.

"You actually want to know?" he said, squinting his eyes.

She shook her head. "Not really but you seemed excited,"

Remus rolled his eyes, "Of course," he closed his book.

"How many of those do you own?" she asked.

"What, books?"