N I N E T E E N: Burn

27th July 1973

27th July 1973

Solana's favourite thing to do was go through her older sisters clothes, she loved it when she was younger and they would go to school so she could just rummage through their gowns, wishing she was older so she could fit into them.

Andromeda's dresses were by far her favourite, Bellatrix's dresses were always too scandalous for her to wear and Narcissa would never let her in her room long enough for Solana to see them but Andromeda's dresses were always perfect and she was the only of her sisters that would let her try them on.

"When I'm older can I have this dress?" Solana asked, she had put on a dark blue silk dress that reached her ankles, but when she was older it would reach her knees.

"Of course," Andromeda nodded, she was sitting on her bed going through the last bits from her trunk, she had just finished her last year.

"I can't wait until I'm older," Solana said, sitting down next  to Andromeda.

She chuckled, raising a brow, "You just want to steal all of my dresses,"

"What?" Solana laughed "I would never do such a thing,"

Andromeda shook her head. "Of course not," as she picked up another one of her dresses a ring fell from the bundle. "Shit–"

"What's that?"

"Nothing," Andromeda said quickly, but Solana picked it up, examining the small emerald stones.

"Is this from the McNair guy? Oh! Are you getting married?"

Andromeda snatched it from her hands, making her move backwards quickly. "I'm sorry, I just..." she looked at her younger sister, she wanted to tell someone, and she knew Solana was good with secrets, despite how young she was. "You can't tell anyone, okay?"

Solana nodded, and Andromeda told her all about the Hufflepuff boy she fell in love with.

"Father won't be happy, will he?" Solana asked, after she found out it was an engagement ring.

Andromeda shook her head. "I don't think I can tell him or mother,"

"But that means you won't be able to marry Ted," Solana said, her face frowned.

"Love always finds a way," Andromeda said, taking a hold of her hand, "Ted and I will find a way,"

When Solana looked into her sister's eyes she wanted nothing more to feel what it was to be in love but she also couldn't help but feel sorry for her, their father would never approve their marriage.

"But you mustn't tell anyone," Andromeda said, again.

"Tell anyone what?"

She lightly squeezed her younger sister's cheek. "You can keep this dress now, wear it when you're older, okay?"