E P I L O G U E

2nd November 1978

2nd November 1978

There wasn't a birthday that Solana had ever enjoyed, she hated them all and didn't think she would ever enjoy the day, but when you're friends with James Potter you will never hate your birthday.

He had made that promise as soon as she told him.

When Solana woke up the morning of her 19th Birthday she turned to face her boyfriend.

"Morning," Remus brushed aside her hair, "Happy birthday, love,"

She smiled brightly, kissing him. "Thank you."

He reached down into the bedside cabinet, picking you a giant bag of cockroach clusters, "Now this isn't your main present–"

"I fucking love you!" she grinned while opening the bag, she always offered him one first before picking the largest cluster and biting down on it. "Best birthday ever–"

"It's only just begun," Remus said, shaking his head, but kept a grin on his face.

Solana smiled, lying back and resting her head on his shoulder.

"I already know this is going to be my best birthday,"

"Because you're with me?" He raised his brows playfully.

"Nah, James said he's planning my party–" Solana chuckled at his frown. "And I'm with you," she kissed his cheek.

She heard shouting and commotion downstairs. "Who is shouting?" she asked.

Remus rolled his eyes. "James ordered your balloons but they are forest green not emerald green so he's throwing a fit downstairs."
Solana's grin grew wider. "I have balloons?"

He nodded, "You have balloons,"

"I've never had balloons," she told him softly.

He stroked her head, "I will make sure you have balloons for every single birthday."

☀︎

"Okay the balloons are the right colour, commotion over!" James boomed loudly.

"It's only taken you three hours to remember the spell," Peter rolled his eyes.

James pulled his middle finger up at him. "I will not be taking any criticism at this time,"

Solana looked around the room in awe, there was a large sign covering a frame with Happy Birthday Solana hung up on the wall, a balloon arch and several other balloons floating around the room, and food covered the table as if it was the welcoming feast.

"This is all for me?" Solana gasped.

"Course it is!" James said, with his signature James Potter smile. "Also much to every ones displeasure, other than Remus' there's a whole load of cockroach clusters under one of the trays, still don't know how you eat them,"