T W E N T Y - E I G H T: Pink Moon

23rd April 1978

23rd April 1978

Solana had been feeling sick all week, a nauseous feeling permanent in her stomach, she narrowed it down to Antonin somehow finding out about her visiting Andromeda. But he couldn't find out, unless Remus told him but he wouldn't do that to her.

She sat opposite Remus, he looked tired, the bags under his eyes stuck out more than usual, he had his walking stick next to him but he hadn't used it.

He cleared his throat, she looked up at him. "Uh, I'm not going to be able to make it to the next sessions because of..." his voice trailed off, his eyes avoiding hers.

Solana nodded, she glanced back at her book then back at him. "Can I visit you? After I mean, obviously not during."

Remus' brows turned up in surprise. "Oh, I mean–"

"It's fine if you don't want me too–" she started quickly but Remus shook his head.

"I didn't think you would want to see me," he said, fumbling with his book, "It's just– I'm not used to having visitors other than James, Sirius and Pete."

Solana nodded understandably. "What time do you normally get back to the hospital wing?"

"I usually get back at around seven but Pomfrey doesn't let anyone come in before ten."

"I'll try and sneak in," Solana said.

"Good luck getting past Poppy," Remus shook his head.

"I'll figure it out,"

Solana made her way up to the Astronomy tower, the sick feeling still making her nauseous. The Sun began setting, the sky turned orange and pink. Solana always loved watching the sun set, as she watched it she noticed Remus walking towards the Whomping Willow following Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall.

He turned and looked towards the castle, she waved to him but it was very unlikely that he would be able to see her.

She watched as the two left the Willow without Remus and not even two minutes later she saw a stag, dog and rat trailing towards the tree.

She smiled softly, Remus had a very secure friendship, not many people would turn into animagi to help their friends.

Solana realised she was feeling jealous again, she wondered if anyone was ironically jealous of her, she shook her head for it would be stupid for someone to be jealous of her.

She rested her head on wall, closing her eyes and letting the wind brush past her. She imagined herself older, a man dancing with her, but it wasn't Antonin, it was Remus. She sighed heavily daydreaming wouldn't do her any good.

Once the bright Full moon was high in the sky she decided to go back to the common room. There were only a few students left studying, but she noticed Antonin straight away, he was sitting on the sofa facing the door, watching her as she entered. He folded down his copy of the Daily Prophet, tossing it aside. He stood up walking towards her.