T H R E E: Gatecrashing

3rd November 1977

3rd November 1977

It was easy for Solana and Regulus to get into the Gryffindor common room, some idiot had decided to leave a stool propping the Fat Lady's portrait open. Music was blaring from almost every single corner of the room, students from most of the houses (Obviously no one from Slytherin had been invited) were gathered around dancing. By the fireplace Sirius was standing on the table with James Potter, both of them using an empty bottle of what looked like muggle alcohol as a microphone.

"Oi oi, my best friend just turned eighteen! Which means he's officially an adult–"

"In the muggle world!" Sirius shouted.

Solana looked over at Regulus who stood slightly in front of her.

"Go celebrate with him," she nudged his arm.

"I came here with you," he shook his head.

"And it's way past midnight," she said, looking at the giant clock. "It's no longer my birthday, it's his. So go and celebrate with your brother,"

Regulus gave her an unsure look.

"Go," she ushered him.

"Thanks Lana," he said, walking towards his brother.

"REG!" Sirius cheered as he caught sight of him pulling him into a hug. "I'm glad you made it!"

Solana stood on the side lines as everyone danced, she eyed a packet of cigarettes and a vacant bottle of vodka. Checking that no one was watching her she grabbed the two and made her way up to the Gryffindor Dorms.

As she reached up the top she noticed a sign on one of the doors.

"The Marauders only!"

Then under, "And Evans, Marlene, Mary,"

She pushed the door slightly, their beds were messy, as she expected. She walked in, stopping at the first four poster bed. On the bedside table was a picture of an elderly couple laughing, she had seen them pick up Potter at the end of the school year.

The next one had a picture of Pettigrew and his family from when he was a child.

She kept going, stopping as she saw Remus' picture, noticing that it was still, not moving like most pictures, she saw he was standing with his mother, but his father was slightly away from the two.

She was surprised to see a picture on Sirius' table, but realised it wasn't family– well in a sense. It was a group photo of all of his friends, James and Peter holding him on their shoulders as they carried the Gryffindor cup, Remus stood shaking his head at them, Mary Macdonald and Marlene McKinnon cheering along with them, Lily Evans stood watching them, but this was before she and Potter began dating so she was being hostile towards him, but Solana always saw that she would be watching him when he turned away.