T W E N T Y - F O U R: Profanity

25th March 1978

25th March 1978

Solana's eyes burned from the tiredness, her cloak was still damp from the rain and her once polished shoes were covered in mud. She hugged her knees, keeping her chin resting on top of them.

Her brain was whirling and she couldn't stop thinking.

Remus is a werewolf.

She had learned all about the creatures, how dangerous they were, how evil they were and how they should all be put down to protect wizards.

But Remus wasn't like that, Remus wasn't dangerous, he wasn't evil, and he most definitely should not be put down.

Her mind went straight to the scars she had seen across his torso and his face, she never could figure out how he got them, but now she knew. All the times he cancelled their sessions because he was in the hospital wing, she had never noticed that there had been a full moon the night before.

Her stomach growled loudly, there were no windows in the cupboard, she couldn't tell what time it was, or how long she had been stuck in there.

Her head pricked up as she heard the door knob twist open, she pounced up pushing Sirius with the most strength she could conjure up with; it wasn't much.

"Don't ever do that to me again!" she shouted once she was out of the cupboard.

"I had to–" Sirius started.

But Solana shook her head. "No you didn't! You know what my father does to me–"

A guilty look appeared on his face as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry," he said, sheepishly. "I couldn't let you tell anyone–"

"Who the fuck would I tell, Sirius?" she yelled.

Sirius stammered but said nothing.

"Where is he?" she asked.

"In the hospital wing,"

She lowered her voice, becoming softer. "Is– is he okay?"

He nodded. "He's fine, but his ribs are a bit fucked from James' antlers,"

"What?" she furrowed her brows.

"The stag... that was James,"

"Right," she didn't know what to say to that. "Where's my wand?"

He rummaged through his pocket, handing it back to her. She stuffed it into her pocket, turning away from him.

"Are you going to see him?"

She swallowed hard and shook her head. "I have to get back to my dorm."

"Solana, he's a good person, you know he's a good person. Please don't tell anyone." Sirius said, the plea in his voice prominent, it reminded her of when he was a child.