T H I R T Y - N I N E: Obey

When Solana was a child she used to dream of her wedding, she would picture herself in a long white gown, she always wanted her mother to walk her down the aisle, her guests would be sat on satin white chairs, and the hall would be filled with sun...

When Solana was a child she used to dream of her wedding, she would picture herself in a long white gown, she always wanted her mother to walk her down the aisle, her guests would be sat on satin white chairs, and the hall would be filled with sunflowers, including the bunch in her hands.

And she would be so in love with the man waiting at the altar, she would smile at the tears falling down his face because she looked so beautiful. She imagined all of her sisters watching her at the front, and the night before her wedding she would have a celebration.

But Solana never thought she wouldn't get that.

She never expected a loveless marriage.

5th June 1978

Solana sat with her head against the glass, hugging her knee's, she had no idea what time it was, what day it was, how long it had been since she left Remus.

She looked around the portrait, it hadn't changed since she was a child. It was a small room, there was a bed with a thin mattress and a small fake window.

She closed her eyes, ignoring the burning in her stomach. Ziggy had been giving her a ration of food each day, but she was still hungry.

She opened her eyes when she heard the door unlock, she looked up.

"You look dreadful," Antonin's voice came from the shadows.

"Fuck you," she muttered.

"I'll let that slide," he said, walking towards the portrait, he admired the golden frame that she could not see, a sly smirk on his face. "You know... your father has already given us our wedding gift, he's very generous."

Solana looked at him.

"I bet you're wondering what it is,"

She didn't answer.

"Well," he gestured to the frame like he was a child showing off his favourite toy. "Here it is," He tilted his head waiting for a response. "You don't seem happy, Solana."

It was a moment like this she expected her heart to falter or for her to start crying, but she felt nothing, she couldn't cry, she had lost the ability to feel sorry for herself.

"We're going to make it nice for you though, don't you worry, we'll get you a nicer bed, maybe a bit of furniture. Because this will be your new home after we are married."

She stared at him, her throat burned, but she still didn't shed a tear.

"The only time you will be able to come out is when we are conceiving for an heir," his face changed from a smile to a glare. "And I swear Solana if you give me just daughter's like your mother gave your father you will be fucking sorry, do you understand me?"