T W E N T Y - N I N E: Sunflowers

26th April 1978

26th April 1978

Solana kept running even after Remus had called her name, she ran and ran and ran. She didn't stop running until she found a vacant broomstick cupboard, she locked the door behind her before crashing to the floor, her knees up to her chest as she cried into them.

There was a knock on the door.

"Lana?"

Remus stood on the other side.

"Can I come in?"

She didn't answer, moments later she heard the lock open and the door creak, "Lana?"

He put his head through the door, his face full of genuine concern for her, he walked in closing it behind him.

"How did you find me?" she asked.

He hesitated, tucking parchment paper into his pocket. "Lucky guess. What happened?"

Solana wiped the tears that refused to stop falling, "Madam– she– Pomfrey thinks I'm–" she couldn't even say the words.

Remus knelt down in front of her, "Lana, what's happened?"

She sniffed. "She thinks I– I'm pregnant, but I can't– I can't be," she cried, burying her face into her hands.

"She didn't do any tests yet, you can't be sure without the tests–"

"I've missed at least two periods, there's no other explanation," she shook her head. "I can't– I can't have his baby."

Antonin already controlled her life as it was, if he ever found out she was carrying his child she would never ever be free.

"There ways to get rid of pregnancies–" Remus started but Solana shook her head.

"They would find out, my parents– Antonin– it would all go down on my medical records, I wouldn't be able to hide it," She sniffed.

Remus chewed the inside of his cheek then looked at her, "Do you trust me?"

"I'm not drinking a dodgy potion from Knockturn alley," Solana stated.

But he shook his head, placing a hand on her cheek and lifting her head up. "Do you trust me?"

He was so close to her, so close that she noticed that he had little golden specs in his iris'.

She swallowed hard, of course she trusted him. She would even trust him with her life.

Solana nodded.

"Okay," Remus said, wiping the remaining tears from her face, "We'll find out if you are and if so... we'll deal with it, okay?"

Solana nodded again, "Okay."

"Are you ready to go back?" he asked, gently, he didn't seem to be in a rush to be anywhere.