S E V E N: Toujours Pur

3rd January 1978 Black Manor

3rd January 1978
Black Manor

The corset felt like a second skin as Druella pulled it off Solana's body, she winced as her mother grazed the bruises all over her stomach.

"Does it hurt?"

"Yes." Solana said, bluntly.

"I'm sorry, mi amor–"

She shook her head, refusing to cry. "You could have stopped him."

"There was no getting through to your father." Druella said.

"You didn't even try–" her voice broke.

"I tried, Solana. I tried every day this week, begging him to let you out, but he wasn't– he wasn't listening to me," her mothers voice was soft and tender, which made her want to cry even more.

"I never spoke to Andromeda, mother. As soon as I found out the child was hers I– I left."

"I know." her mother nodded, stroking her hair. "I know."

"I need to get ready," Solana said, pausing to look at her bruised wrists, "The train will be leaving soon," she held her head high until she closed the door of her bedroom, allowing herself to cry.

With her body in pain she forced herself into the shower, careful not to put too much pressure on her bruises. She winced as she raised her arms to put on her shirt, winced as she put her skirt on and winced as she bent down to put her socks and shoes on. She had to leave her shirt untucked, otherwise it would have clung to skin reminding her of the corset. Her mother had left her a robe on her chair to put over her to cover her arms.

She looked at herself in the mirror, her cheeks looked hollow, her skin sunken, and tired, she let out a sigh knowing that staring at herself was not going to make her feel any better.

She was just glad to be leaving the house, and going back to Hogwarts.

☀︎

Solana slumped down into her seat in an empty compartment, her head against the window as she waited for the train to depart. She kept her eyes closed as students walked past noisily trying to find compartments.

The door to her compartment opened, she expected to see Antonin but instead Sirius stood in front of her.

"Andromeda told me what happened," he said, nostrils flaring.

Solana sighed, "Sirius–"

He didn't give her a chance to speak before he pointed a finger at her. "How could you say that about her– her daughter was right there– she heard everything–"

"I know," she swallowed, the reminder of Andromeda's face haunting her.

"Then why did you say it?" he barked.