T H I R T Y - F O U R: You're Beautiful

20th May 1978

20th May 1978

She had kissed every one of his scars.

And he had kissed every one of her bruises.

Solana lay next to Remus, her head resting on his shoulder as he used one hand to stroke her head tenderly and the other holding her hand.

She looked up at him with a giant smile across her face, he mirrored it and kissed the top of her head. Solana sat up reaching for his jacket and put her hand into his pockets.

"What are you doing?" he asked, making no effort to stop her.

"You always keep your cigarettes in your right pocket." she told him, "and your lighter in your left,"

She held them up as if they were a trophy before lighting the cigarette, offering it to him after she pulled from it, she leant back against the bed, her hand slipped back into his, he strummed it with his thumb softly.

"Lana?" he started, she knew that tone, she knew what he was going to ask

"Where are we?" she asked looking around the room, their bed was covered in white sheer curtains.

"Lana–"

"I've never seen this room before, did the door appear out of nowhere?"

"Solana–"

"Lupin–" she turned to face him, but his eyes were full of sadness which made her look away quickly.

He leant forward, "Lana, please let me help you–"

Solana shook her head. "There is nothing you can do–"

"The full moon is the day after tomorrow, please –"

She sighed looking at him, he didn't know.

He didn't know that Antonin had too much power over her.

He couldn't help her.

It would be impossible.

"Okay," she said, nodding.  "After the full moon."

"You'll let me help you?"

"Yes," she lied, then she took the cigarette from his hand and smoked it.

She could feel his eyes on her.

"What?" she asked, softly.

"You're beautiful,"

Her cheeks tinged red, chuckling as she leant back, her head resting on his shoulder. "You're full of shit, Lupin,"

Remus wrapped his arm around her, she fit perfectly beside him, almost as if they were made for one another.

Solana wished that there was a way for them to be together.

She snuggled next to him. "Can you hold me for a bit?" she asked quietly.