Chapter 96 - We're On Our Way to Liking Each Other (3)

But she felt a bit awkward having been exposed. She ended up cursing him for not making it clear on the call.

However, she forgot that she didn't even give him the chance to talk.

"Okay, okay. Mother won't say anything. You guys can decide."

She got her promise, so she should know to not pressure them too hard.

Mother Yan exclaimed, "Point is that other people already have grandsons. I'm just anxious and impatient."

Yan Cheng slightly narrowed his eyes. "Why are you comparing yourself to other people? You have lots of children, so you'd definitely get lots more grandchildren than others."

"They'd all be calling you grandma."

"However, we can't rush this. If you're really bored, then buy a dog or cat to accompany you." Saying this, he suddenly knitted his brows. Although he prepared cat food before leaving the house, he was still worried that Duni might starve.

Mother Yna was at a loss for words.

The conversation finally ended here.

After picking up the call, a clear and crisp male voice rang mixed with a faint smile that tickled one's ears. "Class commissary, there has really been no news of you the moment you graduated!" The voice was a bit familiar.

Chen Jinyao paused before saying awkwardly, "I've been busy with work."

The original body was an extremely outstanding woman.

However, no matter how outstanding she was, it couldn't stop her from becoming humble once she liked a person, losing herself in the process.

By the time she stopped pursuing and stopped, looking back, she realized that her lost self had been behind her. It had been waiting for her to come back and link hands with them. Those radiating would never be enveloped by the temporary darkness. This was the same reasoning as how light would always prevail.

Those that hid their glow were always the ones to let themselves go.

The original body chose to go to college in the south.

Refusing to let herself have time to let her imagination run wild, she busied herself in college and did her best to study, attending school events and whatnot. She decided to take on the responsibility of a class commissary and received awards every year.

Love could easily blind someone. Chen Jinyao narrowed her eyes and watched as Aunt Zhao brought out the dishes, slightly sighing.

"It's our class reunion next month. No matter how busy the class commissary is, you should make some time out, right? Everyone in the group chat has been pinging you, but you haven't replied. Therefore, they decided to have me contact you."

"..." Chen Jinyao knitted her brows, feeling awkward and not knowing how to respond. After a while, she said, "I really need to look at my schedule."

The class monitor was also entrusted by someone, so he continued to try to convince, "It's rare for us to gather together! Plus, when you were the class commissary back then, you frequently helped out others. Everyone wants to personally toast and thank you."

Chen Jinyao was speechless. After a while, she stopped leaning against the wall and slowly walked back to the living room. "Okay, I'll try my best to make time out."

"Fine, fine. Sigh. I still need to message the others that haven't replied to the group chat." The class monitor sighed, reminiscing the past. "This group chat is the same as it was in the past. Whenever something comes up, someone always remains quiet."

There was nothing else for Chen Jinyao to say so she said, "Okay, I'm hanging up then."

She paused before asking, "Can I bring a family member?"

The class monitor was flabbergasted.

Even after dinner, Mother Yan remained silent.

Chen Jinyao even asked Yan Cheng silently as a result.

Yan Cheng smiled and said in her ears, "I told her everything."

"Oh." She looked down and shifted her gaze.

Then, Chen Jinyao followed Mother Yan into the kitchen to cut some fruits.

The distance between the kitchen and the living room was enough for Mother Yan to share the secret.

While they were cutting watermelons up for the tray, Mother Yan's eyes were sparkling brightly like the stars. She had been giggling in secret, making Chen Jinyao confused. Then, she withdrew her expression and held Chen Jinyao's hands, saying, "While you were answering a call, Yan Cheng, that brat, told me that he likes you very much."

Chen Jinyao was speechless.

Mother Yan said, "He is such a sweet talker. He knows just how to compliment you."

A few seconds later.

Chen Jinyao understood why Mother Yan said this.

She probably had an ulterior motive.

But it was normal since she was a mother.

She laughed. "I'm his wife. Of course he likes me."

She paused before saying seriously, "I like him a lot too."

We were both on our way to liking each other, supporting and searching one another.

Sunshine shone on the road ahead.