Chapter 105 - A Friend Seems to be Here (3)

This was the situation now that Yan Cheng kept on praising her as she tried on different outfits.

"..." Chen Jinyao's expression became complicated. "Did I bring too much?"

Yan Cheng sat by the bedside and leaned back, cushioning his head with his hands. He didn't bother to hide his adoration. "No, as long as you're happy. You can change your outfits twice a day."

After momentary silence, Chen Jinyao was moved. She approved of his idea and nodded, saying, "I think you're right."

The sun had set and the warm sunshine sprinkled through the window.

It shon on Yan Cheng, revealing his rare and pure temperament.

However, she personally destroyed this atmosphere in less than a minute.

After making sure that everything was all right, Chen Jinyao ordered Yan Cheng to zip up the suitcases but who knew that he leaned back in bed. He moved upwards and opened the drawer by the bedside, taking out the rest of the boxes.

Chen Jinyao was startled by the sudden action and she hurriedly moved back, tugging the corner of his lips up. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "What are you doing?"

"We need to prepare this." He lifted his brows and said this.

Hearing this, Chen Jinyao laughed and reminded, "Then you'd be going against your intention of praying for a son at Mt Potala."

In reality, the two families' parents had stopped pressuring them in this aspect.

The parents were able to understand their children if they talked to them patiently. After all, advice is just advice.In the end, the couple were the ones living together. Who knew that while the parents weren't rushing them, the couple started rushing to have kids now.

They had done a pretty good job preparing for pregnancy. They even decided to go to the temple to pray.

When Yan Cheng told Mother Yan about this, she froze and then burst into laughter. "Why are you more superstitious than me?"

He pretended to act seriously, "Even if there is the slimmest possibility, I'd believe in it."

"Also, I want a daughter."

Mother Yan smiled and nodded, "I like both grandsons and granddaughters."

"Little Six, I think you're most like me."

"You're willing to place your heart in your family. This is more important than anything else."

She paused and then stabbed his heart, saying, "No wonder your father dislikes you the most. Sigh. He keeps on reprimanding me for only caring about you kids and not thinking thoughtfully."

Yan Cheng was speechless.

Mother Yan chuckled as she said this, "Let him sleep with his career in the future."

Yan Cheng looked elsewhere and continued to remain silent.

He shouldn't converse casually.

But subconsciously, he could tell that his father wouldn't like him even more in the future.

---------------

The class reunion was on the 12th and 13th.

Apparently, many classmates had already arrived in Shanghai in advance.

Yan Cheng booked the plane ticket for the 11th and also a room within the hotel that Chen Jinyao's class monitor sent. He didn't get a chance to use the romantic suite from last time, so this time, he'd make sure to put it to use. However, the hotel from the middle of the mountains in the capital was way different from the one the class monitor sent.

The class monitor messaged and called Chen Jinyao every now and then to ask about her situation.

Yan Cheng finally knitted his brows at this. It wasn't that he was overly suspicious but he felt as if he couldn't treat his joke as a joke anymore.

The driver of the taxi kept his eye on the road as they drove up the highway.

After hanging up, Chen Jinyao glanced at him and saw through Yan Cheng's awkwardness. She lifted her brows and tilted her head, leaning on his shoulders. "You're overthinking. I already told the class monitor that I've been married for a while."

"It's probably not your class monitor." The man said seriously as he furrowed his brows.

He clearly took upon the role as Sherlock Holmes.

Chen Jinyao felt her eyelids twitching. "Are you okay?"

"Sorry." He suddenly apologized and said, "I'm just thinking about random things."

Yan Cheng said, "I'm being very serious."

Chen Jinyao was speechless.

He was quite frank and open. "There is a Bodhisattva in Mt Potala. If we go, we can pray to have a son too."