Chapter 144 - A Vicious Woman (3)

"..." Qiao Fei raised a brow and thought to herself, what a generous man.

Or should she say that he was heartless instead?

In actual fact, they have already drawn the lines early on. This matter had already been tossed to the back of Yan Cheng's mind, as long as they didn't provoke him again.

He didn't have to suffer too much this time around. What's more, they already received their due just, so there was no need for Yan Cheng to think about them anymore. Remembering all that happened in the past, like how Chen Jinyao had ridiculed him mercilessly, he remembered how stupid he was. But there were no cures for regret in this world. Things have already happened and there was no need for him to argue. He can just let the past go and stay focused on keeping his chest up and looking forward from now on.

Furthermore, compared to talking about Zhou Xue and this sudden pot of blame, Yan Cheng was obviously much more interested in the sudden appearance of his future sister-in-law.

To think his Second BRother actually fell in love. It was something Yan Cheng did not expect.

He peeked up at the completely calm Yan Chen, then at the similarly calm Qiao Fei. It was unbelievable that she was actually a forensic pathologist who deals with corpses. Yan Cheng really had to admire that, he was even beginning to think that his Second Brother was a god.

...

When dinner came to an end, Yan Cheng suddenly pushed Chen Jinyao out, probably to revitalize the atmosphere. "If the chance arises, I should bring Chen Jinyao over to make friends with Second Sister. She works as a dentist, so she's in the medical field as well. I think the two of you would be able to able to find something to talk about."

Even though Yan Cheng was a man, he could still be more thoughtful than a woman at times, especially after being with Chen Jinyao for so long. He was able to observe certain things in daily life. Even if he didn't say it out or talk with Chen Jinyao about it, this matter had always been kept at the bottom of Yan Cheng's heart.

...His wife, Chen Jinyao, didn't have anyone she could have a heart-to-heart talk with.

At that, Qiao Fei smiled. "Sure."

After a pause, she asked, "Why didn't you bring her out today?"

Yan Cheng let out a soft "ah", then a polite smile instantly arose on his face. He lowered his eyes in regret. "She's not in the capital these couple days."

At the same time, while Yan Cheng was still unaware, Chen Jinyao had already quietly returned home with her suitcase.

She came back from Hangzhou in advance.

She didn't send a message to Yan Cheng either and acted in secret.

It was sort of a surprise for him.

But she didn't expect that Yan Cheng wouldn't be home today.

The only one that welcomed her in the empty house was Danny.

Chen Jinlin and Luo Xiao were still in Hangzhou.

The little couple's flight was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

In the end, Chen Jinlin had to be credited for Chen Jinyao's early return.

They had stayed for almost a month over there traveling from Putuo Mountain to Hangzhou. Their daily itinerary was just to travel to the mountains and play with water, but there were similarities and differences in these two large cities. After playing for a while, it wasn't all that fun anymore. What's more, she had her clinic to take care of. She couldn't just keep hanging around here without any scruples. When she thought of this, Chen Jinyao felt glad that Luo Xiao was going to the capital.

Otherwise, with how enamored Chen Jinlin was with her boyfriend, who knows how long she may want to stay in Hangzhou.

Chen Jinlin righteously refuted Chen Jinyao's argument.

Not long after saying that, she suddenly paused as if she thought of something. Tilting her head and pondering for a while, she leaned forward all of a sudden. "Sis, have you felt that you've been getting more and more tired recently?"

"?????" Chen Jinyao was stunned for two seconds and she blinked her eyes.

Chen Jinlin didn't pay attention to her expression and went on by herself. "It's hard to even wake you up at eight in the morning and you fall asleep as soon as we get on the bus, then when I thought we could gossip a little before bed, you fall asleep right as soon as you get in!"

"Sis, are you getting tired from going out every day?"

"If that's the case, then your body is seriously too poor." The tone of her admonishment was almost similar to Yan Cheng's.

Chen Jinyao was speechless for a moment.

As the saying goes, the speaker may not care too much, but the listener might.

After she didn't get a response from her, things suddenly went quiet. Chen Jinlin's gaze was pulled over by Luo Xiao again, and Chen Jinyao just shook her head and sighed. Then, she squinted her eyes at the distance, at the same time, she unconsciously fell into contemplation.