Chapter 102 - Boss, Take This (3)

Chen Jinyao sucked in a cold breath.

She almost slammed the book on his face. Indecent.

June 10. It was two days before the class reunion. The class monitor contacted Chen Jinyao again.

After a majority of the people confirmed that they were going to come, they needed to plan out the activities and the services needed. They planned out the hotel and sorted out the rooms.

Chen Jinyao thought about it before rejecting tactfully. "I already booked myself a room in a hotel."

The class monitor convinced, "If we all decide on the same thing, we can stay together. It'd be more convenient in terms of meeting up and whatnot too."

Silence followed and then Chen Jinyao glanced at Yan Cheng who was fiddling with something. "Then tell me which hotel you guys are at. My husband also wants to check out my alma mater, so it's more convenient for us to book ourselves a room in a hotel."

The class monitor had already detected that a certain someone probably lost their chance already during the last call. Who knew. He replied,"You're already married?"

"Yeah, it has almost been a year already."

The class monitor laughed dryly. "I haven't gotten any news."

Chen Jinyao didn't explain anything either. "I'm scared that I'll die sooner if I show too much affection."

Since she already said this to this point, the class monitor couldn't really say anything much.

The class monitor sighed deeply. He talked about some random things before telling Chen Jinyao the hotel name before hanging up.

At the same time, Yan Cheng seemed to be done fiddling with his things.

He seemed to be a little different than usual.

He was holding something in his hands and hiding it behind him, standing about three meters away from Chen Jinyao. She couldn't feel his carefree aura. Instead, he was acting awkward like a young lady. He probably hadn't figured out what to say.

Chen Jinyao glanced at him and then ignored him, tossing the phone on the bed. She continued to pack up the clothes she needed to bring and folded it each one, putting it in the suitcase.

Yan Cheng wasn't annoyed either. He was just standing behind her quietly.

He wasn't anxious in the least bit as if he had enough patience to wait this out.

"..." Chen Jinyao couldn't tolerate the scorching gaze behind her back. She was half kneeling as she turned to look at Yan Cheng. She narrowed her eyes and asked softly, "Do you need something?"

After that, they gazed at each other for a dozen seconds.

Yan Cheng's expression was very serious. He looked down, his eyelashes flickering a bit. There was an awkward glint in his pitch-black eyes and then he nodded, "Yes."

Chen Jinyao scratched her hair and asked, "What's the matter?"

She paused before continuing, "The way you're stalling makes me very nervous."

The atmosphere didn't even feel right.

She felt as if he was going to announce something bad.

Yan Cheng became quiet.

He couldn't help but smile at her nervous expression as well.

He clutched his hands tightly behind his back and his hands were sweating too. Yan Cheng suppressed his twitching lips and took in a deep breath. He walked a few steps forward and stood in front of Chen Jinyao. He kneeled down and then delivered the card in his hands to Chen Jinyao with a calm and neutral expression.

Chen Jinyao was confused.

She froze a bit as if she was suddenly attacked.

Yan Cheng lifted his chin and blinked at her. "Take it."

"...What?" She knitted her brows and glanced at the thing he held. She was still bewildered.

Yan Cheng reached over and ruffled her hair, curling his lips up. Then in a lazy tone, he said dragging out his words, "This is my card, boss."