Chapter 132 - It's My Business Now (3)

Yan Cheng squinted his eyes to witness the changes, but it was unclear what he was thinking about.

It had never felt so difficult for him to control his smoking urges before.

But at the very least, he wasn't feeling irritable right now.

He still had his nose up, believing that the matter had nothing to do with him.

But this does not mean that he can just ignore it.

After all, he was still involved in it, and he was also obligated to help the police on the case.

Zhou Chao died too suddenly.

It was so mysterious that it felt quite fishy.

Because it was a murder.

Even if the Er Pavilion wasn't the crime scene, someone with the intention of dragging their name can just shout around about it and it would affect their image.

And, according to Ah Tai's reaction, this was already happening right now.

What he needs to consider in this current situation is whether Ah Tai could take charge more. However, some things will still require him as the boss to deal with.

Yan Cheng slumped his shoulders, feeling that being a businessman makes one selfish. Whether the person who died was a stranger or someone he hated, it was all insignificant. If he was not forcibly involved in this case, then he wouldn't even care about it.

But the most important thing is the fact that it was affecting Er Pavilion's business.

The quiet morning gradually arrived, and in a few moments, the city woke up.

Even this short period of quiet did not last that long.

He thought seriously and carefully, combining various factors have to be taken into account, and finally booked a ticket from Hangzhou back to the capital at 7:12.

And it was a ticket for only him.

----------------

He went back to the bedroom to pack up his clothes.

Then, he changed out of his pajamas, put on his clothes, and washed his face. No matter how quiet he was being, with all the compounded actions, she will eventually wake Chen Jinyao up.

Yan Cheng looked at Chen Jinyao for a while, but after some hesitation, he still decided to get on the bed and hold her, burying his head between her neck, grumbling and whimpering as if he was suffering a great grievance.

Chen Jinyao laughed and patted his head softly to coax him.

"Why are you up so early?"

Yan Cheng didn't answer her at first.

There were ten seconds of silence.

Only then did he say sullenly, "I can't accompany you to Putuo Mountain."

Chen Jinyao, "Huh???"

I have to head back to the capital. Something happened. He sighed deeply, not knowing whether he should tell her about the situation. It just felt like telling her would mean one more person worrying over this. "I'll be leaving in a bit. The airport is a bit far from here and I was worried you wouldn't be able to take it, so I just booked a ticket for myself."

"If you want to go to Putuo Mountain..."

Stay in Hangzhou for two days first. I'll ask Jinlin to accompany you.

Chen Jinyao frowned. The atmosphere didn't feel right. "I'll go back with you."

After a moment, she asked, "What happened?"

Nothing," he sighed. "Don't, just go to Putuo Mountain in my place. I'll feel upset if I don't get to pray."

"I'll tell your sister to come over in the afternoon."

Chen Jinyao rolled her eyes, ignoring the second half of his words and only grumbled at his refusal. "Forget it, you act like you're the only one upset about this."

"..."

Chen Jinyao, "Tell me quickly."

Yan Cheng sighed and told her, making sure to be concise to the point.

"And that's what happened. I have no idea why I have to return either."

The most scary thing was the sudden silence, as if the air had turned frozen.

"......"

They really do deserve to be a couple. Their first reaction when they heard of the matter was surprisingly similar.

Chen Jinyao was expressionless at first, followed with being exasperated. She narrowed her eyes and slowly uttered, "What's it gotta do with you?"