Chapter 142 - A Vicious Woman (1)

Naturally, Guo Min was a lover of vanity.

But you couldn't just generalize someone. In fact, she could be dazzled by money, mainly because her family was in an urgent situation and had already begun putting pressure on her. Her father was caught up in a scam while gambling one time and now owed a lot of money to loan sharks. Even so, the two old people still had to fund her studies in Beijing. However, if they didn't pay back the loan soon, their family would end up bankrupt sooner or later, or something even more serious than that. By this semester, Guo Min was already receiving threat messages every single day from loan sharks, and only she knew how terrifying the contents were.

So, she hardly hesitated before dipping her feet into this and received the first amount of Zhou Xue's hush money, totaling a full eight million.

Then after this mistake, she kept falling deeper and deeper.

As an eyewitness who had decided not to speak out, Guo Min and Zhou Xue had ended up on the same rope from then on.

Zhou Xue probably realized this as well, so after killing Zhou Chao, she fell into deep anxiety. She would be paranoid throughout the day and would get nightmares so often she could almost go insane. She was afraid the police would come to look for her again if they couldn't find the killer. After thinking about all this, she still decided to look for Guo Min.

She asked Guo Min to take the fall. "The police will definitely investigate you. Before ZHou Chao died, you were the last one to make substantial contact with him, so you are definitely the main suspect of the case. Since that's the case, you might as well just admit that you do it. After the matter is complete, I'll transfer you another 20 million."

Zhou Xue knew as well she needed this money.

Moreover, the temptation of 20 million was too big.

As expected, Guo Min frowned. After a small bout of internal struggle, she finally nodded.

With the 8 million from before and this 20 million added all together.

They had enough to pay off the loan sharks and had money left over. The rest of it was enough for her parents to live a rich life without any worries.

She thought it would be better for her to go to jail than for her entire family to suffer.

And Zhou Xie also did not expect that her countless calculations were all for naught, and she quickly and directly exposed herself in the end.

Jian Huai lazily raised a brow. She wasn't feeling too heavy at the moment, but she still had some feelings towards Guo Min's confession. However, feelings were just that. It doesn't stop her from labeling Guo Min as a "legal illiterate".

As the interrogation ended, the bright light disappeared abruptly. Jian Huai stretched her back and told her colleagues to take the girl away. Then, she picked up the teacup on the table and stood up, walking over to the viewing area of another interrogation room. She wanted to see Zhou Xue's situation, and coincidentally, Qiao Fei was also there.

"Has she confessed?" Jian Huai's voice emerged from behind Qiao Fei.

The sudden noise gave Qiao Fei a start. She turned around and smiled. "She did, yeah. It was an impulsive murder."

"Hm?" Jian huai glanced inside and saw Zhou Xue covering her face. Her shoulders were quivering as she sobbed.

Qiao Fei, "How should I put this? Zhou Chao had been giving her trouble, so I guess she was sick of wiping his ass for him."

At that, Jian Huai's brows twitched.

Qiao Fei pursed her lips and continued, "She felt that Zhou Chao was the person who caused her and her husband, Huo Qidong, to drift apart. It was during one of their quarrels when Huo Qidong confronted her and said 'Do you know how much trouble your little brother caused me?', then she guessed things would be better if Zhou Chao could just disappear from the world. After that, she ended up killing him."

"Hmph." She sighed, shoulders falling. "She really thought things could go back to normal with Huo Qidong if she removed Zhou Chao from the picture, huh? I don't even know what to say to that."

Zhou Xue was in Huo Qidong's company when she was arrested.

During that time, she was publicly scolding a third party who allegedly broke up her marriage. Seeing that it was related to their chief's family matters, the internal staff didn't dare to gossip about it, but they still craned their necks over to watch the show.

Men are always egoistical, especially men in high positions. It would not be strange if Huo Qidong was not disgusted by Zhou Xue's actions.

"..." She must be possessed.

Jian Huai narrowed her eyes and gazed at Zhou Xue in silence for a moment, then she asked, "Then what about her telling Guo Min to shift the blame onto Yan Cheng?"

Qiao Fei lowered her eyes and said, "It was just a sudden idea."