Chapter 190 - Grand Wedding (2)

"Daddy, come play with the toy cars."

"Dad is not in the mood to play now. I have something to do, go look for your mother." Yan Cheng brushed away his little hands, got behind him, and gave his little butt a pat absent-mindedly.

As soon as his words sounded.

He came across the most-liked comment at the top of the post.

The comment said: Should be fake, maybe it's just a public persona, he loves his wife? Everyone in the Imperial Capital knows that the sixth master Yan didn't even hold a wedding ceremony when they got married! On top of that, bosses like them are even more skilled at creating a public persona than those in the entertainment industry for the sake of corporate image.

His smile stagnated, and Yan Cheng pursed his lips.

His eyes repeatedly scanned through the passage of words.

Oh!

And this snapped him out of his daze.

After a long while, Yan Cheng exhaled, looked up and was met with his son's clear pair of big round eyes. He snorted, and the little guy copied him with a snort. After that, he grinned, and revealed his little corn sized teeth.

"My wife." He looked away and focused on Chen Jinyao, who had sat up and was about to head to freshen up. "I finally know the use of giving birth to this kid."

Chen Jinyao: "??????"

What nonsense was he talking about! Giving birth to a son was to see how he could be of use?

Seeing Chen Jinyao's confused expression along with slight disgust, Yan Cheng raised his eyebrows, kept a straight face, and continued on by his own: "He can be our flower boy."

"Our little flower boy." He said these words calmly.

Chen Jinyao, who had just slipped her feet into her slippers, almost tripped herself.

As she was about to lose her balance and exclaimed in shock, she reacted quickly, she placed her palm on the wall beside her, and she was able to balance herself. She looked back, lowered her gaze, her dark eyelashes trembled along, without a word, she just stared at Yan Cheng with a weird gaze.

"Chen Jinyao."

He looked at her with a serious expression.

He called out her full name.

It felt like he was about to talk about something important.

Chen Jinyao blinked, as she prepared herself for whatever he was about to throw at her. "Go on."

Then, in the next second, she saw as Yan Cheng sat up straight, ruffled his messy bed hair, looked up at her, his chest raised along with his breath, with a light smile, he said, "I still owe you a wedding ceremony."

"........."

Chen Jinyao looked horrified, she stammered, "We've already been married for so long......"

Before she could finish, she was interrupted.

The voice that cut her off sounded deep yet lazy, with a faint smile.

"Let's choose an auspicious day."

Chen Jinyao: "......"

Couldn't he understand her words?

"We should hold it some time later." He thought about it carefully.

Preliminary preparations were necessary, and they should go all out for it.

Chen Jinyao murmured, "There's no need for that, it's too much trouble."

Why are his thoughts all over the place?

"We do."

"You would look gorgeous in a wedding dress."

Yan Cheng's brief words broke through Chen Jinyao's last line of defense, and she didn't know where to place her hands and feet.

She blushed for some time, not knowing what to do with the situation.

Until she completely calmed down.

The roots of her ears still felt piping hot.

She pursed her lips, and said as she tried to sound calm: "Lunatic."

--------------

At the end of September.

The scorching heat quietly hid away its full body of spiky thorns.

The chilly weather that lasted for the past few days gave everyone in the Imperial Capital a breath of fresh air.

Yan Cheng emptied his schedule for a few days.

And held a grand wedding ceremony for Chen Jinyao.

The wedding was originally intended to be held at a seaside city in the south, along with the waves and beaches, blue skies and white clouds, how romantic.

And there was a legend called "Edges of the heaven, corners of the sea" that originated from that city.

However, it was such a shame as many people rejected the proposal as "the place was too far away." Amongst the many included Chen Jinyao, who didn't want all the hassle.