Chapter 147 - Little Bully (2)

Yan Cheng, "It's with a group of enthusiastic college students chasing their dreams. They started a project that I'm quite optimistic about, so I'd like to learn more about it."

"Is this that investment you mentioned last time?"

The lights turned green. Yan Cheng sat upright and shifted most of his attention back to driving. "Not really. It was just a simple investment before, but now they asked me to join them for dinner, probably so they can push the investment further. I'm guessing they want me to buy their stocks directly."

In other words, the college students were going to handle the technical side, and he was going to settle the capital.

"On the premise that the project looks promising, I'll give it a try if they can convince me." He glanced at the rearview mirror and paused for a moment before continuing, "Just following Chai Yue's lead in investments is...Tsk, it's not that I don't trust him, but it's not like I can be lucky enough to earn every time. I thought about it. Choosing a potential new industry is a good idea. I can dabble into their stocks and become the major shareholder. As long as they flourish in the future, I can just sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labor. It's greater foresight than investing a little here and there."

The man spoke chattered on seriously about these serious topics.

This was completely different from his usual careless self, like he was a whole new person.

Unknowingly.

He seemed to have planned a new path for his future. Before this path had even taken shape, he had already created an outline in his mind.

Chen Jinyao reached out and pinched his ear, making a surprised hum. "Who are you? Tell me, where did you hide my husband?"

Yan Cheng snorted a laugh.

If he weren't driving and if the conditions allowed it, he would have met her gaze with the most starry and doting look in his eyes. Then, while she was avoiding his gaze and feeling shy, he would tease her by saying-

"You're crazy."

"So you're a big man now with growing ambitions huh? Little ol' Er Pavilion is not enough for you anymore, right?" Chen Jinyao couldn't help but click her tongue. She leaned forward to take a closer look at his face, and after a few seconds of silence, blinked her eyes and put on a meaningful smile. "You've really planned ahead, haven't you?"

"Yeah." He didn't deny it.

A deep smile could still be seen in his peach blossom eyes, and when he gave her another detailed answer, the joking and careless tone was gone. He pondered seriously for a moment before explaining lazily, "As the head of the family, my responsibilities are also growing."

Oh, that was just an illusion. He was as flippant as ever.

For a moment Chen Jinyao was unable to hold back from rolling her eyes. "..."

Yan Cheng, "Yan family ancestral traditions, daughter have to be pampered."

"..." The corner of her mouth twitched silently. "So?"

Yan Cheng turned on the right turn signal and glanced at the rearview mirror, then he skillfully steered the steering wheel halfway before taking a deep sigh, speaking in a half-true tone, "THat's why I can't just rely on the Er Pavilion. I need to diversify. That way, I can become the man both you and our daughter can depend on in the future."

"Wow, amazing." Chen Jinyao shrugged perfunctorily. After a moment of silence looking out the car window at the trees, she said, "But I have one problem."

They had arrived at a familiar street. They were home soon.

"Hm?"

Chen Jinyao, "Is it because the patriarchal era has ended and things reversed that you have such a deep obsession with having a daughter now?"

Chen Jinyao narrowed her eyes and shot him a question that jabbed straight at his soul. "Everyday daughter this daughter that, so you won't like the baby if it's a son, is that it?"

"..."

Yan Cheng's entire body shook and he subconsciously licked his lips. However, his survival instincts allowed his brain to react quickly. "Of course not, whether it's a son or a daughter, it's still my baby."

He just had the constant idea that a daughter was going to be sensible and well-behaved.

He couldn't be any naughtier as a kid, so his own naughtiness had already left a shadow in his heart.