Chapter 173 - Labor (4)

Mother Yan and Mother Chen came over to look after her whenever they were free, which was way too frequent.

Only after being persuaded by Chen Jinyao, did they start to mellow down, and would only come over after a day or two after their last visit.

As Chen Jinyao had said before, their little Yan Chichi, is a very well-behaved kid, he was not at all in a hurry even though they had entered the expected delivery period, she didn't feel like she was about to go into labour anytime soon.

Chen Jinyao took the apple that Yan Cheng had cut up, and took a bite. Her cheeks were bulging up, as she said with unclear words: "Maybe, he's Nezha."

"I have to be pregnant for three years."

Yan Cheng shook his head as he licked his lips, "Hopefully not."

.........

It was quiet for a while.

"I have a dinner to attend tonight, I'll ask my mother to accompany you for the night." Yan Cheng said.

Chen Jinyao tilted her head and thought, "I'll be fine alone......"

Yan Cheng scowled and interrupted her: "No."

"Okay." She shrugged, "but let Jinlin come along too."

A work related dinner will never merely just be a simple gathering.

There were a lot of hidden rules.

The dinner would at least be until nine o'clock.

Sometimes Yan Cheng still resembled his old self, and no one could force him to do anything he didn't want to, so when everyone was already on their third round of drinks, he still hadn't drank any of it.

He leaned back in his chair lazily as he squinted slightly.

Although it seemed like an informal gathering, he had already made his points clearly across and successfully persuaded the other party's boss.

Chen Jinyao went into labour at around 8:30.

Chen Jinlin was with her at the time.

The two sisters had many topics to talk about. Chen Jinlin wanted to talk about Luo Xiao and her future. She planned out their life together happily, saying that Luo Xiao had already bought a house in the imperial capital.

Chen Jinyao was also happy to listen to her, and occasionally gave her some advice.

A second ago, they looked at each other with smiles on their faces.

A second later, their brows furrowed.

Chen Jinyao grabbed onto Chen Jinlin's arm, her nails making red marks on her skin, "Jinlin, I'm about to give birth, hurry...... call the doctor for me."

Chen Jinlin was frightened, her face went pale as she repeated "Ok" several times.

Then she immediately got up and pressed the button at the head of the bed.

Her hands were shaking, as she pressed on the button continuously.

At this moment, she finally understood the importance of having someone experienced by your side.

Chen Jinyao bit her lip as she endured the pain.

She took deep breaths.

It came so suddenly that she was not mentally prepared at all.

It was not until this moment that Chen Jinyao realized that she was actually both flustered and frightened.

Their kid, Yan Chichi, was not well-behaved at all.

Her mind went blank.

Not long after, the nurse came.

It was as if a sense of reassurance was suddenly found, and the situation was no longer chaotic.

She listened to the nurses, and did what she was told. When she was being pushed to the delivery room and as the pain slightly eased, she suddenly remembered that she forgot to inform Yan Cheng.

"........."

Fortunately, there was Chen Jinlin.

When the nurse passed by her, she told her "notify the family" and that instantly pulled her sanity back, as if her emotions that were all over the place suddenly calmed down.

Although she was also a member of the family.

She hurried back to the ward and took her phone out of her bag.

Her hands were still shaking uncontrollably.

It wasn't until she dialed the number then only did she completely calmed down.

Yan Cheng quickly answered the phone.

Chen Jinlin: "Brother, brother-in-law, she's about to give birth."

Yan Cheng: "......"