Chapter 104 - A Friend Seems to be Here (2)

Unconsciously, in front of outsiders' eyes, Yan Cheng was now viewed as a henpecked male. He didn't even realize it himself.

He'd rather abandon Er Teahouse just so he could be at home with his wife?

"I am really amazed by this sudden change. Who knew that Sixth Master Yan is a henpeck male. Zhou Xue must regret her decision so much now." Someone laughed.

The other person glanced at Zhou Xue who was drinking wine alone by the side. They quickly gave the person a look and exclaimed, "Sh, don't say anything."

There was no such thing as sisterly feelings for women that came to the cubs. Compared to men, women were better at acting and playing along. The only thing left for them to do was to expose their facades.

"What do you mean don't say it? Am I wrong? Tch, besides holding the empty title as Madam Huo, what else does she have? Doesn't she know how many people are waiting to watch her show?" That person revealed a disdained expression.

"That's why one needs to pay attention to people's true faces."

"You can't say that. Who knew that's the type of person Huo Qidong is."

Listening to these truths, Zhou Xue felt complicated.

They said that she didn't know how to choose the right person, but who knew that she chose the wrong person no matter what. This included Huo Qidong. No one knew about the paths she had taken. Back then, she thought that she was the one in control. Who knew that she was schemed as well. In the end, she and Huo Qidong were at a disadvantage. Therefore, she had no way out right now.

The road with Yan Cheng was already blocked. Or rather, there was no exit route with him. It was all just her illusion. Her illusion was shattered. The only thing she could do right now was to save her title as Madam Huo.

Even if Huo Qidong was in an affair with another woman in front of her eyes.

Zhou Xue clenched her teeth, closing her eyes and downing the glass of red wine. Then, she smashed the wine glass on the floor. The smashing stopped the discussion about her.

As everyone remained silent, Zhou Xue snorted. "No matter what, I'm still Madam Huo. I'm better than you, who can't be shown to the public."

Zhou Chao began to be restless. "Sister, now it seems like Yan Cheng is pretty good."

Zhou Xue said angrily, "Shut up."

She extremely hated Zhou Chao right now. She lowered her status to help him find a job, and then he lost the job. It was one thing that he lost it but he even court enemies everywhere.

Because of the things Zhou Chao had done, Huo Qidong had gotten into a few huge fights with him. In the end, he didn't ask her about the reason before blaming it all on her.

This time, Zhou Cao had called to meet her at Er Teahouse because he had an ulterior motive.

Zhou Xue clenched her teeth and gave him a last warning, "Zhou Chao, you won't know how you even died one day."

Who knew that her words became prophetic.

She won't mention this for now.

Yan Cheng had no idea this happened in Er Teahouse a few days ago.

Right now, he was almost done packing up the suitcases.

There were two suitcases. Those ignorant to the situation would've thought they were moving.

Most importantly, Chen Jinyao had brought too many things. She bought creams and sunscreens, and whatnot. Yan Cheng was muttering in her ears every day, causing her to place playing as her priority. Her classmates had settled for the next best thing as a result. After all, they were girls. Whenever they thought of going out to play, they couldn't help but dress themselves up beautifully. Plus, summer was silently coming. It'd be nice to wear beautiful dresses. Chen Jinyao held her clothes in front of the mirror, eyeing as to how she'd look. It was hard to choose. It was even more difficult now that Yan Cheng was blindly complimenting her.