Chapter 186 - Because of Love (2)

One will search high and low only to find it when one least expects to.

But for a moment, she was at a loss.

Reality had toughened her up, and she would do whatever it takes to land a good job in the Imperial City.

When she was in the venue just now, she already had everything planned out.

Zhiyuan Technology's criterias were getting higher and higher, and academic qualifications only make up a part of it. They also look at the candidate's overall comprehensive ability.

No wonder, all its campus recruitments were held in prestigious schools.

After stepping into society for the past two years, Su Ran didn't really have much luck career wise. Now, she could only hope to gain some kind of advantage through Chen Jinyao, so that her job search will be much easier. Even if she didn't know her, as long as she succeeds, she could always still buy her a meal as a token of appreciation in the future.

But the moment she saw Chen Jinyao, she was suddenly stripped of all her courage.

As she suddenly realised,

The relationship between a dentist and his patient,

In fact, it was not much different from a stranger's.

No one is obligated to act a certain way for a stranger.

Even if the stranger promises to provide a reward in return for that act.

Su Ran just froze there. Before she could come back to her senses, Chen Jinyao had turned around with the little dumpling in her arms, and they met gazes.

For some reason, Su Ran suddenly felt guilty, and dodged her gaze.

At this moment, Chen Jinyao also looked away and walked past her without taking another glance at her.

Indeed, they were just strangers.

Chen Jinyao, now with her happy family,

She had long forgotten about the existence of Su Ran.

---------------

On the stage, a tall man was dressed in a white shirt, a formal suit, along with black leather shoes, his outfit had no wrinkles on them, his stance was upright, which highlighted his meticulousness, but for some reason, he chose a pair of lensless glasses with gold rims, as if it was just an embellishment, to make him look much more approachable.

After a round of thunderous applause as he stood in the middle of the podium for more than ten seconds, the claps slowly died down, and the scene fell into silence.

Everyone's gaze was fixated on Yan Cheng, who was on the podium.

Young, handsome, and successful.

From the moment he appeared in front of them, he exuded an endless aura.

The girls whispered excitedly, while the boys showed gazes of admiration.

Chen Jinyao did not go backstage.

She declined the volunteer's help at the entrance, and found a wall in the corner to lean against along with Yan Chi, they both watched Yan Cheng, who had a serious expression on.

Extremely charming, Chen Jinyao came up with such a comment in her heart.

If she really went backstage, she wouldn't be able to see this version of him.

After weighing the pros and cons of the situation, being exhausted from all the standing now was fine by her.

"Mom." Yan Chichi looked excited when he saw his gentleman looking dad, but given that there were too many people at the scene, he didn't dare to express his excitement too much. He was subtle as his big eyes stared at the direction of the stage. His expression turned from doubt to surprise, after he got a good look, he turned around and laid on his mother's shoulder, and whispered to her, "Mom, look, it's Dad."

"Yes, it's Chichi's father." Chen Jinyao lowered her gaze to look at him, curled her lips, thought for a while, and then asked, "Is your father awesome?"

"He's so awesome!" he clapped his plump little hands and said loudly.

The speech officially began.

The lights in the conference hall were dimmed, and everyone's pupils shrank as a result of the sudden change of light, the thick curtains were all drawn. The glare from the sun outside the windows couldn't shine in. The hall was dimly lit, and the only remaining light sources were all pointed at the podium.

"Good day to all my fellow juniors."

As soon as his voice fell, an applause broke out.

Yan Cheng raised his eyebrows and continued on with his so-called opening speech.

These types of openings sounded extremely common for students. As someone who has been in their position before, he also knew how reluctant the students felt to listen to these types of content on a repetitive basis.