Chapter 174 - Delivery (1)

At dinner.

Yan Cheng, who was sitting around lazily, immediately stood up.

His casual smirk disappeared as his jaw tightened in an instant, his face became expressionless. The air conditioner was obviously turned on and it was pretty chilly, but he was sweating.

His chair was pushed aside and moved back, with his big movements, the foot of the chair made a sharp noise as it brushed against the floor.

The place fell silent as everyone subconsciously looked over at him.

Yan Cheng came back to his senses, squinted his eyes, as the tip of his tongue licked his lips, his nostrils flared slightly, as he took deep breaths. He suppressed the surge of emotions he felt and fortunately, kept himself sane, the rush of adrenaline didn't take him over, and he was able to calmly 'deal' with the situation. He covered his phone with one hand as he bowed. "I'm really sorry, I'll have to leave. I just got a call saying that my wife is going into labour now. I have to be at the hospital to accompany her."

"Chai Yue, could you take over this function, pass me the bill later."

There was a reason for his departure, so naturally no one stopped him.

After a few polite words, they let him leave.

"Okay, just go." Chai Yue hurriedly responded.

As he looked down, he saw that Yan Cheng's right hand was already clenched into a fist.

The veins on his hand bulged up, and he could vaguely guess how hard his fingernails were digging into the flesh of his palm.

After exchanging glances with Luo Xiao, as Yan Cheng rushed out of the room, he chased after him: "Do you need a driver?" He didn't have any alcohol, but he might not be in the right state to drive.

"No." Yan Cheng turned to look at him, frowned as he shook his head.

He turned around and left hurriedly.

Compared with the immense joy he felt of being a father.

Yan Cheng was actually much more anxious.

Especially after listening to Chen Jinlin's narration of the situation which was all over the place, "worry, fear and anxiousness" were written all over his face.

During Chen Jinyao's pregnancy, he too had read many books on this area, and he learned that "the first child birth is never easy", plus the words of advice handed down by his ancestors from generation to generation, as Mother Yan warned him, "Don't feel at ease even though the medical system now is very well-developed. Woman giving birth is just like having a taste of hell."

The moment he heard this, the rebel in him made him feel that his dad was just a terrible human being.

The stars in the sky glowed, and the city was covered under this star-filled night sky again, however, even the cool breeze couldn't blow away Yan Cheng's frustration.

He lifted his hand to casually loosen his tie, letting go of its restraints, and then exhaled a breath of frustration, "Jinlin, my parents and your parents, please help me notify them too. "

Chen Jinlin didn't realize that she was talking on the phone, and nodded.

Before she could finish, Yan Cheng's brows furrowed again, "Also, remember to speak coherently. Don't say anything misleading."

"........."

**********

Based on conventional practices, she'll be transferred to the delivery room only when she's 5cm dilated.

However, this was a private hospital, and the Yan and Chen family both requested to transfer her to the delivery room earlier.

The delivery room was divided into two sections. The inner room was the real delivery room, while the room outside was where they endure the cramps and labor pain as they dilate to 5cm.

So even if she was moved to the delivery room, it was not yet time for her to give birth.

Taking into account the possible physical overdraft mothers would face during childbirth, the nurse stayed by Chen Jinyao's side and did some prenatal preparations when Chen Jinyao felt better, and after a while, she asked Chen Jinyao to eat some food.

Chen Jinyao had ginseng slices in her mouth, and the fine sweat on her forehead resembled bamboo shoots.

The pain came from her scaring herself.

When she felt the first contraction, all that Chen Jinyao could think of doing was to panic.

There was a hint of panic in her calm expression, but she didn't even have the time to think much about it as the contractions from time to time were enough to defeat her.

Chen Jinyao was fearless, and she could remain calm under any circumstances, but her pain tolerance was extremely low, she couldn't bear even the slightest pain.

.........

There was traffic on the road.

In addition to that, Chen Jinyao's body reacted rather quickly.

When Yan Cheng got to the hospital, her water had burst, and she was already 5cm dilated. She was pushed into the inner delivery room. She wanted to cry and scream from all the pain, but the doctor said to her in a simple sentence "save your energy." which stopped her from doing so.

"......" Being a mother is not easy!

Chen Jinlin was standing by the door, she muttered to herself and bit her lips from time to time, as she paced back and forth nervously.

Mother Yan and Mother Chen arrived one after another, and they both brought along some chicken soup.

Although they were concerned about Chen Jinyao who was suffering in the delivery room, they still had endless topics to talk about when the both of them met. They started talking on and on about their grandchild.

They were more excited to welcome their grandchild to the world.

In the long and quiet corridor.

Suddenly came the sound of rushed footsteps.

As the footsteps got closer and closer, the sound of someone wheezing gradually became clearer.

Yan Cheng ran as he was covered in sweat, his gorgeous peach eyes were less frivolous and more mature looking. First, he glanced at the delivery room. His fists that were on his knees as he bent over still grasped tight, and he gasped for a few moments. Then he turned his attention to Chen Jinlin: "You...... How is your sister?"

Chen Jinlin shook her head, her pale cheeks slowly regained its color, "I don't know."