Chapter 139 - Blackmailed (1)

In an instant, the air froze in the room.

Deng Chuan and his partner have been in the criminal investigation team for so long. After so many years of handling cases, just by intuition alone was enough for them to lock on to the suspect at an early stage. Right now, Guo min's confession and evidence show obvious discrepancies, which is already enough to rule out the possibility of her being the killer. But she was only confessing in order to protect the killer. This is what Deng Chuan thought in the beginning. He narrowed his eyes, unmoving, but he never would have expected that Guo Min would jump out herself and dig another grave in a case already filled with flaws.

Suddenly pointing out the mastermind to be Yan Cheng was undoubtedly an attempt to misdirect the police. In other words, she acted like she was sending herself in as a clue, but she was only lifting a rock to smash her own feet.

"..." There was also that instant where Deng Chuan was laughing inwardly. He wondered whether he should make fun of the murderer's IQ, but after some thought, he still held himself back. He thought about it carefully. Actually, it makes sense. How can there be so many crimes planned by intelligent people in this kind of society nowadays?

Coincidentally, the door of the interrogation room opened at this moment.

Qiao Fei carried in a sealed transparent plastic bag containing a fruit knife. Before Deng Chuan had time to stop her, she brought the bag oppressively in front of Guo Min. "This is the murder weapon. You should recognize it, don't you?"

"I do." Guo Mind raised her eyes to look at it for a moment before looking away. She did not hesitate to nod. "This is the knife."

Smiling, Qiao Fei snorted meaningfully and smirked. "Really?"

Following that, without saying anything more, she turned around and passed the so-called murder weapon to Deng Chuan, raising her brows. "Please, continue."

The entire process lasted less than two minutes before she left. Not only did she kick up the dust when she entered, she also did not forget to leave with a bang.

Jian Huai turned his head slightly, peering at the bag and discovering that the knife contained in the bag isn't the one found in the crime scene to begin with.

Now this is interesting. She raised her brows silently and laid her sharp gaze on Guo Min. "Guo Min, here's some advice. It'll be better if you just come clean with us."

"Don't play the fool." Jian Hui gave her a chance. "You still have a long way to go in life. You know what I mean, right?"

But Guo Min lowered her head and did not speak again.

She seemed to have zeroed in on Yan Cheng, biting down and not letting go, as if he was the last plank to ensure her survival. However, the truth is the complete opposite.

In the eyes of Deng Chuan, her unwillingness to speak is seld-destructive resilence.

From how she was acting, they won't be getting anything out of her unless Guo Min herself can work out the better ending for herself.

But they got enough out of her.

As soon as they left the interrogation room, Deng Chuan immediately began assigning tasks. "Guo Min's phone records were deleted, right? Xiao Zhong, Xiao Ma, the two of you go to the mobile company and pull out Guo Min's phone records."

"Jian Huai, go and check the bank accounts of either Guo Min's or her immediate family members and check if there is a large amount of money suddenly remitted there. Also, find out the source."

From this alone, Jian Hui knew what Deng Chuan's guess was. Frankly speaking, the details that Guo Min brought up were all obvious lies. Choosing to play the victim or dragging Yan Cheng down already revealed who the true killer is.

Deng Chuan moved his eyes to another member of the team. "Xiao Qi, you continue to interrogate Guo Min. Try and help her think straight."

......

Meanwhile, Qiao Fei who had already left the interrogation room was standing in the hall with her chin up and eyes narrowed. Her public security image was awe-inspiring.

An intern who was passing by saw her expression and stopped in his tracks. Cocking his head to the side, he asked, "Dr. Qiao, what's wrong?"