Chapter 111 - Another Try (3)

Gu Ci looked towards Xu Ting who said this and frowned slightly.

It wasn't until someone brought up another topic that the atmosphere began to liven up again.

And, at this time, the person who was being talked about was currently lying on the tatami mat in front of the floor-to-ceiling window, overlooking the scenery outside. Dazzled by the sunlight outside, Chen Jinyao narrowed her eyes. "I think I'd better check out the scenery tonight instead."

After a while, she turned around and looked towards Yan Cheng who was organizing their stuff, eyes looking round and sparkly. She couldn't hold back her excitement. "Hubby, why don't we go shopping at City God Temple this evening!!!"

Yan Cheng raised his eyes calmly to glance at her and did not say yes or no. Instead, he asked, "Then what are we doing in the afternoon?"

"Sleep, of course." She blinked her eyes as she said that matter-of-factly.

"..."

The man had an almost speechless expression on his face as if he was saying, are you really sure you want to spend such a good time during your vacation in dreamland?

But Chen Jinyao's eyes were so still that they almost looked like they could talk. But yes, they can communicate, they were wordlessly conveying her innermost thoughts: the first thing you have to do when you come out traveling is to rejuvenate yourself.

"I slept too late last night. You have no idea how drained I am," Chen Jinyao said, "I'm only talking to you out of sheer willpower right now."

Yan Cheng scoffed, clearly unbelieving. "If you weren't admiring the scenery just three minutes ago and talking about how nice it is, I might even have believed you."

Chen Jinyao, "..."

Yan Cheng, "Alright, I'll believe you."

"?????" That was so fast that it caught her completely off guard.

Yan Cheng eyed her from the corner of his eye. "After all, you lack exercise."

He did try and get her to move around more by going jogging or whatever, but she barely ever listened. If he goes a bit harder on her, then she would start whining.

If he takes one step forward, she takes a hundred steps back, so he basically ends up compromising every time.

For example, he could say, "You can run one lap less". But what sort of compromise was that!

Bringing this up successfully pissed off Chen Jinyao who was bad at exercising. She puffed her cheeks and huffed, "Sleepiness and lack of exercise are unrelated, thank you very much."

"It very much so is." Yan Cheng raised a brow and said meaningfully.

...

The two happily argued head to head in a fun moment together.

Both of them had the tacit agreement to keep silent about the awkward conversation they had earlier so that they can continue working together in their stupid act of repelling the love rival.

All signs also seem to indicate that they were just overthinking things.

So, at times like these, it's better to just let things scatter in the wind.

That way, he wouldn't feel awkward, and neither would she.

"Let me rest for half a day, then I can show you around Shanghai for the next few days," said Chen Jinyao, but she felt like she was being too childish after she said that.

She buried her face into her hands and sighed for a long while.

You can't avoid taking on the habits of the people you associate with, it's all Yan Cheng's fault.

Yan Cheng raised a brow and headed over to her side, landing a warm palm on the top of her head, lightly ruffling her hair. "Alright."

But frankly speaking, Yan Cheng really did spoil her.

Chen Jinyao felt that she should probably be grateful.

But in the next second, the man's deep voice rang by her ear. "That is, if you're not worried that you won't be able to get up in the evening to go to City God Temple."

Chen Jinyao, "......"

"Heh." He let out a chuckle. "It was a joke."

Then, he yawned himself. "I'm tired too."

Chen Jinyao's eye twitched, her face completely blank.

But, truth of the matter is...

She really didn't manage to get up before dinner.

So, dinner had to be brought up to their room.

Their trip to City God Temple was pushed to tomorrow, the day after, or the day after that.

Yan Cheng knelt on the bed and said, "I know what you want to say."

Yan Cheng, "I'll say it for you."

Yan Cheng, "All men are assholes."