Chapter 100 - Boss, Take This (1)

Investment had gradually gone on the right track.

Yan Cheng had started coming home late and leaving the house early, busy with work. In this industry, he was indeed an outsider and didn't understand investment that much. Therefore, it was inevitable that he didn't get the gist of investment and acted like a blind person. However, he acted casual and carefree, treating the role as the owner of the bar as a secondary job. Most of the time, he had been spending time learning about investment with Chai Yue.

Chai Yue would do his best to analyze and give an objective view of each of the investment projects' gains and losses to Yan Cheng. Even more, he gave him his thoughts as if like a sign pointing in the right direction. But he handed the decision to Yan Cheng in the end.

"In an instant, the market could suffer from a myriad changes. It's too big of a risk to be in this industry." Chai Yue took a sip of tea, paused and then continued, "Of course, there were low-risk investments. But it takes a longer time to earn money from them." Frankly, this was just a gamble.

"Whether you want to earn money steadily or to gain profits quickly is up to you."

Clearly, this conversation was probably to let Yan Cheng put money on the line.

Yan Cheng puffed up his cheeks and slightly narrowed his eyes. Although he had a thought in his mind, he still wasn't satisfied with Chai Yue's words. It clearly felt like he said nothing substantial. "You're just babbling nonsense."

Chai Yue was speechless.

This was Chai Yue's habit given his work.

When he really failed at investing, he could do his best to minimize his responsibility.

The quiet atmosphere filled the air.

Yan Cheng supported his elbow on his knee, his palm pressed against his forehead. He rubbed his forehead a few times before deciding to take a risk. Although he was used to being idle, he was really decisive when making a decision. Roasting was roasting; he kept that to the side right now. "Invest in 2 million for Zhiyuan Tech first."

Chai Yue froze and then said, "You can also invest different amounts at different times in order to distribute the risk."

Don't place all the eggs in a single basket. Everyone understood this.

Yan Cheng knitted his brows and thought about this for a while before agreeing with Chai Yue's suggestion.

However, the difference in ratio was still a bit too big. He invested 1.5 million in Zhiyuan Tech and spent the last 500,000 in a low-risk project.

After they were done discussing this, Chai Yue quickly received Yan Cheng's check of 2 million.

Chai Yue said that he'd handle the rest of the process. Of course, he wasn't doing this for nothing. When he received profit from the investment, he'd give Chai Yue the interest.

They were brothers. Chai Yue didn't plan on earning money from Yan Cheng. He said, "I'm just looking after what's mine. Plus, it's not like you're busy anyway."

"I believe in you." Yan Cheng looked down and said faintly.

"..." This wasn't an issue about trust.

Yan Cheng replied, "I won't be in the capital in a few days. Just help me slightly look after it." He paused and then laughed. "After all, that's your job anyway."

He was right.

However, as someone that wanted to treat investment as their long-term second job, it was much reliable and easier to personally understand the industry than to have someone manage it for them.

However, he wasn't saying that it was unsafe to let him manage the entire thing.

Chai Yue stayed silent for a while and stopped arguing about these trivial matters. His attention was easily swayed. "Where are you going?"

"Shanghai." Yan Cheng carelessly shifted his gaze and looked at him, his tone slightly arrogant. "We're going on vacation."

Chai Yue was shocked. "You're in the mood to go on vacation? This doesn't seem like your style."

"Yes." Yan Cheng exclaimed, not expressing his opinion. He lifted his brows. "I'm going with Jinyao."