Chapter 126 - People Change (3)

Chen Jinyao, "...Forget about it."

One after another, people began dropping out of the two-day reunion.

Not many, but Chen Jinyao was definitely among that number. After singing karaoke that night, she spoke to the class president about the situation.

The class president did the usual don't leave thing, but not as crazy as he was when he tried to get her to join the reunion in the first place. After he failed to convince her, he just let her go.

The reunion which was full of rusty feelings really was tasteless to Chen Jinyao. She had no idea why she agreed to it at that time, but she seemed to be dealing with the original Chen Jinyao's leftover emotional problems after she came here.

The karaoke room was filled with noise.

Since Gu Ci left early, Xu Ting began targetting Chen Jinyao again, whether intentionally or not, but she wasn't that open about it. She would just toss a few snarky words at her from time to time. Later, when Yan Cheng could not stand it any longer, he began snapping back with a straight face. Shrinking her neck, Xu Ting finally stopped.

But when the gathering broke up, she also drank herself silly.

Yan Cheng and Chen Jinyao did not touch a single drop of the alcohol.

Whether it was during dinner or during karaoke.

Every time someone made a toast to the former classmates, Yan Cheng would raise a glass of juice and down it all, saying for her, "Sorry, but she can't drink."

"If she can't drink, then you drink!" This was said by someone who was already high from the alcohol.

Yan Cheng narrowed his eyes and said honestly, "Sorry, but I can't drink either."

But it's good that they did not end up yelling drunkenly about them not giving face and whatnot.

At midnight, their voice became to turn hoarse with overuse.

Dragging their tired bodies and minds out of the karaoke room, they moved to the front desk to pay the bill. And after that, Chen Jinyao's group of old classmates parted ways. Yan Cheng suddenly had the bright idea right then to show off for his wife's sake.

He can just be the fool with all the money for once.

It was all so he can help his wife show off so it wasn't a waste.

What's more, after being a bar owner for such a long time, he had the illusion that the "night scene was his playground".

Since the class president was the one hosting everyone, he didn't drink much either.

With a slight wobble, he went over to the front desk and locked eyes with the cashier. Grabbing his phone, he was just about to ask for the bill when someone stepped in before him.

Yan Cheng, "Let me take this one. How can we keep making you pay?"

Even though they had to pay some class fees for this class reunion just like when they were students.

But some activities were really paid out of the class president's own pocket.

The class president was stunned.

This karaoke bar in the city seemed to be rather famous.

And the amount they spent was also quite big.

Sure enough, many gasped at this suggestion.

Other than contacting your old classmates again, it was also very important to show off during a class reunion.

In the next moment, when he came back to his senses, the class president quickly refused him. "No need, I can do it...Room 109, please."

Then, they heard the cashier say, "Room 109, right?"

Many of them answered, "Yes, yes."

The cashier smiled. "It's already checked out."

Not waiting for the crowd to make puzzled sounds, she looked to the couple, Yan Cheng and Chen Jinyao. After observing them, she said with a firm voice. "Sixth Young Master Yan, correct?"

Yan Cheng who could still be named even out here in Shanghai, "Yeah."

Chen Jinyao also wrinkled her brow.

The cashier said, "The bill was settled half an hour ago by Fifth Young Master Wu."

Half an hour ago, Yan Cheng came out of the room to use the toilet.

And, Fifth Young Master Yan had made a name for himself in the city some years ago.

Now this situation was certainly unexpected.

Yan Cheng, "..."

With that, their image of a good husband and wife and their attempt to show off before leaving was killed off halfway.

Because the one to show off was his brother.

Yan Cheng, "Oh, I forgot he was based in Shanghai."

Chen Jinyao, "..."