Chapter 146 - Little Bully (1)

June 4th, an auspicious day.

When she came out of the ob-gyn department of the hospital downtown, she received an uncertain result.

In the early stages of pregnancy, it was normal for nothing to show up on the ultrasound.

The doctor didn't give her a decisive answer that she "wasn't pregnant" or whatnot and maintained a slightly ambiguous attitude. They also told Yan Cheng and Chen Jinyao to come again in a few weeks to check with a smile on their face before they left. In fact, this was an obvious hint that any smart person could get about the direction the results were leading: there was at least 50% chance that she was pregnant.

By July, the summer heat was making no secret of its ambition.

Even its cruel winds have become prickly as the sun-scorched the earth. The concrete floors were now hot enough that one could cook eggs on them, and if water was accidentally poured onto them, it may even smoke and sizzle. At the moment, the cicadas hiding under the dense leaves of the trees were screaming out heartily.

Surprisingly, Yan Cheng didn't feel cranky because of this.

In fact, Yan Cheng was feeling pleased inside, emanating with pleasure from the inside out regardless of anything as if he wanted to share the joy with everyone. Any further and he may even start a universal celebration.

His beautiful peach blossom eyes were slightly narrowed, but then they suddenly opened again, not at all concealing the wetness swirling up from within. His jaw which was tense during the examination had long relaxed and his lips were pursed into a line. But at their corners, a light curve could be seen.

Even more surprisingly, he who usually drove his SUV like a rocket was now driving like a turtle.

The sunlight from penetrating through the windshield refracted and scattered around the car. Chen Jinyao realized that many cars have already passed them. Pursing her lips, she turned to look at Yan Cheng, studying his expression for a while before saying, "You're acting very strange right now."

At that, Yan Cheng raised a brow, signaling for her to continue.

A mischievous thought suddenly sprang up in her mind. Chen Jinyao's eyes curved and she clicked her tongue as if she was making an unconventional evaluation of him. Then, she raised her pitch to exaggerate, "It's like you've suddenly become an idiot."

"..."

Several songs about little babies suddenly appeared in the car.

Who knows when Yan Cheng went looking for these, but compared to the rhythmic drum and bass that was suitable for cruising, these songs about pouring out one's love for little babies were clearly much more gentle, and if you listened to them for a long time, they even became hypnotic.

Especially while the car was moving so slowly...

Suddenly, nobody was talking. There was silence for a moment, and Chen Jinyao was infected by a sense of sleepiness, causing her to yawn. Even her eyes had begun to water. She shook her head, forcing herself to wake up and saying, "Ah, to tell the truth, I think you should take a look in the mirror. Just look at that sordid expression on your face right now."

"It's almost like the doctor told me 'Congratulations, you're pregnant,' instead." Raising her chin, she continued teasing him relentlessly.

Yan Cheng nodded and picked up her banter. "It's pretty much the same thing."

Chen Jinyao grimaced. "......"

*What do you mean it's pretty much the same!

She was still sober and kept her mind about her.

She knew that "suspicions" were not the same as "confirmations".

In order to avoid getting happy for nothing, it was best to remain neutral.

Clearly, these thoughts were merely her own self-deception after a bout of self-hypnosis.

Chen Jinyao could very clearly feel that the heart inside her chest was beating faster than any other time.

She was actually feeling the same as Yan Cheng. She would remind herself of the same thing from time to time, but now when the possibility was there, a certain feeling of expectation naturally arose in her heart.

The lights went red at the crossroads.

The cars all stopped in wait. Yan Cheng stretched his hands lazily to the back of the passenger seat, probably trying to make a cool-looking and smug pose, but it was counterproductive and looked strange instead. However, he was completely oblivious to all this. Anyway, in the scenario set up in his mind, this was a very cool and dominant pose. "I have a dinner party to attend in a couple of days, wanna come with?"

"What dinner party?" Upon hearing that, Chen Jinyao glanced at him from the corner of her eye.