Chapter 178 - Child-Raising (3)

In fact, Chen Jinlin does have that demeanour.

But it varies from person to person.

In other words, Chen Jinlin was pretending to be a pig to eat the tiger.

After all, as an intern, you start from the very bottom, she can't have that "arrogant and domineering" aura right from the beginning.

Winning the hearts of the people is the first and most crucial step. In this way, when she becomes the executive director in the future, she'll do good.

"By the way, just be honest with me, is Jinlin in a relationship?"

Chen Jinyao: "......"

———————————————

Chen Jinyao stayed in the hospital for about a week.

During this period, many people visited her and Yan Chi.

The visits were all quite similar. After asking briefly on how she was doing, they all placed their focus on Yan Chi.

The little guy looked different day by day.

As time passed, he looked better.

Father Yan and the others said that Yan Chi's eyebrows were exactly the same as Yan Cheng's when he was young .

When Yan Cheng came back to his senses, he only realised the deeper meaning of their words. It meant that if they said that Yan Chi was not good-looking, it was equivalent to saying that he was not good-looking either.

Yan Cheng: "......"

He lowered his gaze and caught a glimpse of the little guy's finger wrapped around his pinky, his heart softened and his lips pursed as he chuckled, "All right, you're the most handsome little guy."

His voice was neither soft nor loud, it was just enough to reach Chen Jinyao's ears.

"......" Chen Jinyao's eyes twitched and chose to remain silent.

Sunday,

The night before discharge.

Chen Jinlin was acting like a thief as she constantly spied on the enemy.

After confirming that it was absolutely safe, she let Luo Xiao come over.

Luo Xiao: "Your actions make me feel that you'll break up with me in the future."

"......" Chen Jinlin thought about it for a while and agreed to his words. She licked her lips and subconsciously wanted to explain herself.

It's just that before she could say anything, Luo Xiao interrupted her, "Have some confidence in me, just admit it if we really do meet."

Chen Jinlin snorted and said nothing.

After a long while, she nodded slowly, "You're right."

It's not a big deal to just say it now.

She didn't have to wait until after her graduation.

Besides, Luo Xiao was very outstanding and capable, he was worthy of her to show off to the world.

She'll say proudly to her parents: "This is my boyfriend, I have such great taste."

Unexpectedly, they really ran into them.

Plans can never keep up with the changes.

No matter how much you plan, there's always unpredictable changes, and there is no guarantee that everything will go as planned.

Not long after they got to the hospital to be with Chen Jinyao and Yancheng, Father Chen came. Father Chen was on a business trip. He hadn't seen his grandson with his own eyes except through photos. So once he got off the plane, he rushed right over.

When he opened the door and came in, he was slightly startled at the situation.

Chen Jinlin was taken aback.

In her opinion, her father was much more harder to deal with than her mother.

She had already re-planned how to tackle the situation, but she was really unprepared for this sudden situation and panicked.

She felt flustered.

She secretly glanced at Father Chen.

Seeing that Father Chen's attention was not on her and Luo Xiao, she breathed a sigh of relief.

Then she glanced sideways at Luo Xiao.

Luo Xiao was also nervous, but still gave her a reassuring look.

Chen Jinlin took out her phone and typed.

Click Send.

Jinlin: [Luo Xiao, what if my dad throws a check to you and asks you to leave me? 】

Luo Xiao: [.........]

Luo Xiao: [Be normal. 】

Jinlin: [Scared!!!】

Luo Xiao: [Don't be scared, I'll run away with you. 】

About half an hour later.

Father Chen had a good look at his grandson, and then walked slowly to Chen Jinlin.

His stern gaze randomly swept across, until he saw that the boy was holding his daughter's hand tightly, as if he was giving her strength, to comfort her and wipe her worries away.

Chen Jinlin straightened her back subconsciously, she looked at her father as if she was looking at a ferocious animal or that he was the culprit that seperated the couple who were deeply in love, and then said with a pitiful gaze, "Dad."

Father Chen squinted his eyes and was too lazy to respond to her. After a few seconds, he looked at Luo Xiao and examined him from top to bottom, before saying, "Young man, do you mind having a little chat with me?"

"Okay, uncle."